Chapter 16

Chapter 16: I Read the News Today

*Amelia-Rose's POV*

"How do you feel Mrs. Starkey?" The doctor asked.

"My head hurts a little." I replied.

"That's normal. You are now tumor free." He smiled.

"I am?" I said relieved.

"Just like always you will need to see your doctor every month to see if the cancer had come back which it may be in remission."

"Got it."

The doctor started to leave.

"Wait."

"Yes?"

"Is there any possibility you could do blood work on me to see if I'm... pregnant?"

"Yes but the results would be back within 24 hours. Is that okay?"

"That's fine."

"I'll have a nurse get on that right away." The doctor said leaving my room as Pattie, Cynthia and Linda entered.

"So how do you feel?" Linda asked.

"Tired." I replied. "What time is it?"

"Almost six." Cynthia answered.

"The award show must be going on then." I said aloud thinking about how Ritchie might be worrying about me.

"When you got out of surgery we called him to let you know you were okay." Pattie smiled.

"Thank you."

I looked over at the door which a nurse had just walked in with a tray and needle.

"Okay you wanted-"

"Yes. Uhm hey guys can you give us a minute?" I said to the girls

They all left willingly as I got my arm ready for the needle.

I hated blood work. Absolutely hated it.

"Okay all done Mrs. Starkey. Results should be in, in close to 24 hours."

She said as she left my hospital room and leaned toward the radio to hear if there was anything about the award show. Then eventually I fell into a deep sleep.

------------tomorrow 4 pm------------

I slowly opened my eyes to see my favorite four boys surrounding me.

"Hey look who's up!" John called out.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I said in excitement. "I thought your plane wouldn't get here until three?"

"It's did, we've been here for an hour." Paul laughed.

"It's four in the afternoon?!" I cried out.

"Doctor said not to wake you up." Ritchie smiled as he grabbed my hand. "You're going to be just fine and the doctor said you can leave tomorrow afternoon."

"Good. I'm tired of hospitals." I sighed.

After about an hour of talking to everyone about the award ceremony and just life. The doctor came back into my hospital room.

"Your results are back."

I immediately got nervous because I didn't want the others to know, especially didn't want Ritchie to know yet.

"Can you guys give us a minute? Please?"

Everything left the room except Ritchie who said "what's going on, what results?"