Ten-(Klayton's p.o.v.)

After we were all inside and had the security of being safe...I for some reason couldn't stop looking over to where the new girl was standing talking with Criss as he was rocking his son back and forth...I thought for sure she was looking at me during the great race against the quake earlier...but every time I would look back at her she would quickly turn away and talk to Criss or her little partner/girlfriend that followed her everywhere...I just didn't get it...I thought she was as sexy as hell...but what chance would a crazy goth punk like me have to offer her...when my buddy Criss had it all...even though none of that really mattered at the moment for it was safe to say that all of his shit was now destroyed by the quake...but he definitely had more charming characteristics than me...and he had Johnny...and he was a total chick magnet...all females loved him...but I couldn't blame them...I loved my godson/nephew undeniably.

I tried many times to think of something to say to her...but my damn brain just went on maximum overdrive...and I couldn't think of a damn thing to say...after she left to check on the other survivors that followed us...I went over to Criss and asked him what his interest was in her...he gave me that goofy as grin that he always did and merely stated that she was very adorable...and he liked her. I rubbed my hair irritably and told him that I liked her alot...and I just wanted to know if I had to compete against him to win her over or not...Criss gave me an even cheezier grin and told me that he wouldn't dream of coming in between any chance I could have...that there was plenty of girls down in the shelter that he could pick on. But then he added that he just really liked her the most.

I changed the subject and asked him what I should say to her...because I was literally tongue tied...Criss looked at me with his dumb expression and told me the best beginning of any conversation was to go up to her and introduce myself to her and maybe say hello. I looked at him and gave him a thumbs up and said that sounded good to me...then I walked up to her...and watched as she was bandaging up one of the members of the group that had a mild wound on his leg...after she got up and turned right into me...I choked a little bit and said hello to her...she gave me the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen before...and said hello back to me...then I got lost in her beauty and didn't listen to a word she was saying...which probably wasn't the best thing to do...after she asked me what I thought about it...I looked blankly at her and decided to say something very intelligent...which was..."think about what".

She laughed at me and said what did I think about all this crazy shit that was happening in Vegas of all places...I looked at her and said it was the best thing that ever happened to me...she inquisitvely looked at me and said why...I looked right into her beautiful clear pools of water...and said as clearly and as seductive as I possibly could...because it got me introduced to her...then to break the ice and asked her what her name was...which really made her smile...but I think deep down that smile was more of an inside laugh than anything...because I caught myself acting like a total horses ass...which was fine by me...I was good for it.

She told me her name was Kc...I kissed her hand and told her I was Klayton but she could call me Stoney...if she wanted too...for all my buddies called me that so long that for the longest time I forgot my own name...she gave me another smile and said it was very nice to meet me...then she added that she really loved my music...then she went over to her friend she called Kim...and I barely heard her...but she was talking about me...I so was hoping I didn't just flush my chances with her down the toilet...just as I was getting ready to walk over toward them again I heard a huge rumbling sound like a thousand freight trains moving toward us at once...then very strong vibrations that turned into massive quakes one right after another dirt and pieces of concrete began to fall from the shelter's ceiling...I heard Kc tell everyone that the aftershocks were there...and to brace themselves and to stay away from the places she told them all about...Criss was holding his son tightly...and magically Kim was on his other side now holding onto both of them with his entire family wrapped around close to him...JD had Rachel clutched in his arms and covering her head...I looked all over for Kc...once I caught a glimpse of her I realized she was in danger...from the ceiling above her was getting ready to collapse...I ran over to her and pushed her out of the way...then it got deathly silent...and all the security lights began to flicker off and on...but for me everything went out.

Kc slowly got to her feet and realized that she was barracaded in one of the rooms alone...until she saw me buried under some of the ceiling...after twenty minutes of digging she finally managed to pull me out...she began to clean me up...just to see how badly I was hurt...if I was even alive...she tried to holler thru the collapsed building but she couldn't hear anything...and immediately thought the worst...that they were all killed...and she was all alone. The security lights were ran by an underground generator...after the shock and the shaking, rattling and rolling was over with...the lights came back on...where she noticed that I was still breathing just knocked out...so she quickly patched me up and tried to get some water that was in one of the packs up against the wall...and slowly began to put a damp cloth on my head...and wipe the dirt out of my face and eyes...and begged me to wake up and be alright.