Eighteen-(Kc's p.o.v.)

I was checking my phone as it was making all kinds of noises...as soon as it had a perfect signal...I tried calling my brother Tommy...but it went straight to voicemail...so I left a message...then slid out of the hole...and told Klayton that we have a chance of getting help if my brother gets my message...he gave me a kiss and said if my phone was getting a signal...then we were very close to the surface...and could dig our way out very easily. So he crawled up in the hole and decided to do some major dirt flinging...clear up until he hit solid metal. Which everyone heard him hollering and cussing before he slid back down the hole.

I asked him what the problem was...he said we were blocked from getting out by solid metal. Which was to make our escape impossible...I held onto him trying to calm him down...from his extreme frustration...Criss came in and asked what all the cussing was about...Klayton grabbed Criss and stuck his head in the hole and told him that we were being stopped by thick metal. Criss pounded on the metal to see how thick it was...he came back down and did a little cussing himself and said the metal was several inches thick. Sully came running thru the building telling us all that the water was moving faster than we thought...and by tonight the room we were staying in would have water in it.

JD and Costa were followed by the rest of the group in a slight panic wondering how we were going to get out...Klayton reached over to me and asked me to get him anything that he could pound on the metal with...to see if he could make it weak or move it...I found a small hammer and handed it to him...as he was pounding on it...I was trying to get another signal...hoping that my brother would answer my voicemail...but then it hit me...all I had to do was leave the phone up in the hole turned on...and my GPS would kick in and it would, in turn, lead my brother right to me...if I could get him to answer his damned phone.

Klayton finally decided to come down all worn out from pounding on the metal forever and didn't even make a dent in it...we all moved the group into the small room around the hole...then he plopped down beside me and pulled me in his arms and said he didn't think we were going to escape this one...I reached over and kissed him and told him not to lose his determination or his give his hopes up yet...that we didn't survive down here this long to let water kill us now...then I went back up to the hole where my phone was and dialed Tommy's number again and just let it ring...to keep a better signal and hopefully my crazy ass brother would get the hint.

What none of us knew was that not only was my brother already looking for us using my signal...but so was young Dimi, JD's daughter...she was helping with the search...along with their Aunt Stella and Aunt Poppy(Calliope). They were all determined to find us. Tommy was very close since I actually rang his phone...it made the GPS signal stronger during its ringing...Tommy had a huge rescue team digging around in the area...it wasn't until later that night...when Klayton and Criss both jumped up from the loud noise scraping above us all...I jumped up and said someone was digging for us...Klayton went back up to the hole and grabbed the hammer...and waited until the machine stopped...then he began banging on the metal hoping that they would hear it.

We were all lucky...because Tommy did in fact hear his banging and quickly used a shovel to remove the sand and gravel from the desert floor until he saw the shiny metal...and banged back with the shovel and told whoever was down there to move back because he was going to drill an opening...but it would take a while to get thru that thick shelter wall...Klayton hollered alright back...then told them to hurry because the water was rising fastly...and we didn't have anywhere else to get away from it...then he slid out of the hole and said they were working on an opening. He wrapped his arms around me as we all huddled together and tried to stay as far away from the water. Johnny was looking at the door where we used to sleep...and pointed at one of his plastic toys floating passed it.

Criss jumped up and went to the room and saw the water was really moving now...it wouldn't be another hour...then the little area we moved to would be filling with water next...Criss went back and put Johnny and Kim in his arms and said we would make it...JD was holding onto Rachel very tightly and telling her about his daughter Dimi...and that he really wanted her to meet her...Costa was holding onto their mom and his new girlfriend...telling them from the topside to hurry up a little faster. Sandy was sitting on Sully's lap watching the doorway intently as the water kept rising at a steady pace.

Klayton let go of me and went back up in the hole and told them to go faster or they would be saving dead people!! The water rose and moved into the last room with us...and we were all standing up now and the water was up to our shins...working its way up to our knees. Rachel began to panic a little from the water...but Sandy and Kim kept her calm...while Sully kept Sandy calm from claustrophobia...I was looking up in the hole waiting for Stoney to come back down to be with me...but when he finally came back down he told Criss to hand Johnny to him!...the water was up to everyone's waste and climbing extremely fast now.

Criss swam to the hole...and handed Johnny up to him...then he handed him to Tommy...then told Criss to help bring the girls up next one at a time...Criss grabbed his mom first...then one at a time helped them all out...and I waited to be last just to make sure everyone else was safe then Klayton pulled me up out of the water that was now coming up the hole with us...Klayton pushed her up to Tommy first then he pulled himself out of the hole and shook off like a dog...then grabbed me from my brother and patted him on the back and told him it took him long enough...that we almost drowned.