Thirteen-(Dimitra's p.o.v.)

We have been traveling know for what seemed like many days...and still we didn't seem to be getting anywhere...but I needed to stay in good spirits for the younger ladies and my boys...I felt so badly for Sandy she was so traumatized about being locked down in a concealed room with no windows for light...so I kept her with me to keep her calm most of the time...my head was now better and the sprain on my ankle was just a past memory...my little grandson was making the entire journey in the shelter like it was a big game...and he was an explorer in a new world. JD and Costa would play along with him for a while...but when he went to his daddy to play...Crisstopher was always too busy trying to get us out and into safety...because I caught him staring at the ceilings a lot...

I went over to him one time and asked him what was bothering him about the ceiling...he looked at me and said the further we head into the shelter he noticed their was a few weak spots in the ceiling...and he heard it trying to give way in a few spots that's why he kept us going instead of stopping. I hugged him and told him that he couldn't make everyone's life his responsibility...that it was just to much for one man to handle...he looked at me with an assuring smile and said most of the people in this group was his family...and that was his responsibility to take care of them. Even though deep down I knew he was really trying to find Stoney and the young girl that led us out of the city.

After a few more hours of walking Sully and Crisstopher stopped us all and moved ahead to check the next room for safety...I was now holding my grandson that fell asleep from all of his exploring...Sully came back to where we were at and said the next room was safe enough to make a camping spot out of so we could all take a breather and rest for a while...and maybe get something to eat. I noticed that since the cave in...she was very clingy to my little boy...but by the way he was reacting to her...it seemed that he was very attracted to her as well. To me it was a slight blessing for my Crisstopher deserved to be happy again. 

Speaking of happiness...I never thought I would see the day when my oldest boy would ever have a smile on his again after Lynn divorced him and took my granddaughter away...but he was doing alright now that Rachel came into his life...and I thought they made a very sweet couple...and neither of them were shy about letting everyone know that they were together. Costa was looking around trying to find a spot to crash on his own...because he didn't have a girlfriend at all...and at the moment all he could think about was getting out of the shelter...and what it was going to look like once we all did.

One of the girls from the group was alone and scared and was looking for a little bit of comfort she notice Costa sitting in the corner all alone on his pallet...she asked him if she could sit with him for a while...he looked up at her...then around and realized that she was one of the members of the group that was alone. He gave her a slight smile and said absolutely...as she sat down beside him...he shook her hand and said he was Costa...she held onto his hand without letting go and said her name was Felicia. Costa wrapped his arm around her as she leaned back on his chest and tried to get some sleep...after a while of him watching her sleep...he laid his head back and took a nap himself.

Sully was laying on the other side of Criss holding onto his now sleeping girlfriend Sandy...while rubbing her back and playing in her long blond hair...while asking Criss if he thought we were really going to make it out of the shelter alive...knowing that the shelter took a bigger hit from the quake then we all figured. I sat down on the other side of my Crisstopher with my grandson and told him that I wanted to know too. Criss was holding Kim in his lap while she was sleeping...then he put his free arm around me and said he was going to make sure that we all get out...one way or another...and he wasn't going to give up...because he had too much riding on this one...as he looked around and saw his entire family laying around in the darkened room...then he looked down and touched his sleeping son's head...and said he really needed to find Stoney...for he was really good at this survival bullshit...that way he could rest his mind for a while. I leaned my head on my son's shoulder...and closed my eyes for a while...and prayed that Stoney and Kc were alright and somehow heading toward us.

Back on the other side of the shelter Klayton and Kc finally found a spot that was safe enough to take their rest...she pulled some food out of her duffel bag...and split it with him. Klayton was still limping and she noticed it...and pulled his pant leg up and checked it out and redressed it...and told him that he needed to stay off of it for a while...because it was all swollen...Klayton gave a little smirk and dropped all the way down on the pallet and put his leg on a rock to elevate it...and said that was a great idea...then he playfully grabbed her and pulled her down beside him and said it sounded like it was nap time for both of them.

Kc gave him a slight giggle...then laid her head up against his massive chest and put her arm around him and fell asleep almost on contact...he stayed awake for a while and mindlessly played in her long black hair...then gave a slight smile to himself and laid his head on hers and drifted off to sleep.