22

After her lunch with Liz, Amelia rushed home to change clothes and call the girls. She couldn't believe Simon had offered her the job. She wanted to call Louis, but she was pretty sure he was still mad at her. She threw the dress she was wearing in the closet and pulled out her phone. She was going to call Marian first because she was the one who had told Simon about her studies so it was partly her fault for getting the job. As she waited for Marian to answer, she pulled on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt.

"Hello?" Marian answered.

"Hey you. Did you talk to Krissi about girls' night?" Amelia asked trying to hide her excitement.

"Yeah. We will both be there. Need me to bring anything?" Marian asked.

"Your comfiest clothes, wine, and good spirits." Amelia laughed.

"So how did your meeting go?" Marian asked.

"I'll tell you and Krissi all about it when you get here. Say 5ish?"

"Sure. That's cool. I can feed Ewan before I leave." Marian said.

"Great. See ya then!" Amelia said before disconnecting the phone.

She called Krissi next, but she didn't answer. She sent her a text with the time and tossed the phone on the bed while she went through some of the papers Simon had given her before she left his office. She realized that they had never discussed her pay in detail and was curious as to what it would be. She flipped through the pages til she found it. She let out a gasp in shock. Not only were they paying for all her travel and lodging, she was also making about $100k on top of that. She had never made that much money. Sure her family had been wealthy but to make that on her own? It was amazing to her. She heard her phone ding and she checked the message. She was hoping it was Louis, but it was Krissi confirming that she would be coming over. She went back to getting ready for the girls to come over and left her phone in the bedroom to charge.

"Harry. I'm heading over to Amelia's! I'll probably just stay the night there so don't wait up." Krissi called out.

"Ok love, try not to drink too much. And remember, I can always come get you." Harry replied kissing her on the cheek before she left.

"I know, but we haven't had a girls' night in so long. We've all been so busy with our lives. Marian's been caught up in wedding stuff and Ewan. Amelia's got her own stuff going on with Tom. Now that we're all going to be in different parts of the world for the next couple of months, it will be nice to all hang out tonight." she said.

"Ok. I'll miss you though." he said with a pout. "Have fun with the girls. I'm gonna finish packing for the tour anyways. Maybe I'll go over the Niall's and grab a couple beers."

"You're so cute when you pout. Like a little puppy." she teased. "I love you."

"Love you too."

Marian finished feeding Ewan and was waiting for Niall to get home so she could go over to Amelia's. It had been ages since the three of them had done anything without husbands, kids or boyfriends in tow. She planned to eat and drink entirely too much and have a great time. She took Ewan in to the bathroom and cleaned him up before putting his pajamas on him. She looked at her watch, wondering why Niall hadn't gotten home yet. He knew she was going over the Amelia's. She hoped he was okay and that he wasn't hurt or in trouble. She tended to think the worst when he was late and didn't call. She had just turned a movie on for Ewan when Niall came running into the house.

"Marian. I'm so sorry. I know I'm late. There was a massive accident on the way home. Traffic was mad." Niall said slightly out of breath.

"I'm just glad you weren't in that accident." she said, kissing him. "Ewan has been fed, he's cleaned up and ready for bed. Just change his nappy before you put him down. He's watching a movie in the study."