EPISODE 2

You nearly jumped in the bed when you woke up

You nearly jumped in the bed when you woke up. Anyone would've heard your loud gasp. The headache was gone, but the pain in your back was still there. You cast a quick glance at your hands. Clean? How could they be clean? Then you looked at your surroundings. You definitely weren't in your hotel room. You'd been hoping that all of it was a dream – a nightmare. All that had happened last night. But the pain in your back was plain proof that it hadn't just been something in your mind.

It was morning. You could tell by the slight hint of orange lit through the window that the sun had just risen. The room was insanely cold, but the light that came from the sun brought warmth to it. It wasn't a big room. Although the furniture looked quite expensive.

You sat up in a bed so huge and detailed that it almost looked as if it could be used for royalty. Okay, maybe not, but it was very old-fashion looking. There was a little dark green armchair in the corner of the room, right next to the window. In another corner, an enormous wooden closet stood. It was all very old-fashioned. Perhaps the room was just old? 

You heard a click and the door to the room opened. Instantly feeling the instinct of protecting yourself, you scuttled all the way back in the bed and placed your arms around your legs. You observed as the door slowly opened. A tall figure appeared in the doorway and from what you could remember of the guy last night, this guy was definitely smaller.

"Can I come in?" he asked quietly.

He had a deep, nice voice. Due to his calming gesture, you nodded. Wait... What did you just do? You had no idea where you were or what was going on, yet you had the audacity to let some stranger into your room?

"I heard a loud sound coming from in here. Just thought, I should go and check that everything was alright," he said with a rather serious voice, but still calmly.

Okay, maybe this stranger wasn't so bad.

"Are you alright?" he asked gently.

You couldn't handle yourself. His deep, calming voice was really attractive- No, hold on a second! What was going on with you? You didn't have time for your brainless teenage hormones throwing a tantrum, you had to find out where you were! And who these people were. And for the more important matter, why you'd been attacked.

"I would prefer it, if you answered me," the guy said, a more demanding tone in his voice now.

You didn't have the courage to speak. Even though he was quite pleasant, he was still a stranger. And talking to strangers was rarely the better choice.

"Lay? Chanyeol needs your help at something!" a guy shouted outside the room.

The guy in the room turned around in the doorway.

"What does he need help with now? I'm sick of him not being able to take care of his own problems!" he said, making you aware that his name was Lay.

"You know him, Lay. He never takes care of anything," the guy outside the room said, a slight chuckle following.

"Well, I can't go. We need someone to watch over her now that she's awake."

You felt a bit offended by the comment. Did he really think that you would just run away? Indeed, you felt like you wanted to, but something still made you want to stay.

First of all, you didn't have any answers to what was going on and these guys, take it or not, were probably the only ones, who could give you any of those. Luckily, they spoke English, too.

"I can watch over her," the mysterious guy said confidently.

"No," Lay immediately responded, almost interrupting his words. "There's no way that I am gonna let you watch over her seeing what you did to her last night," he continued, actually sounding concerned for you.

"Oh, come on, Lay. Are you serious? It's not like I killed her?" the guy said, frustrated because of his friend's answer. If they even were friends.

"If Suho hadn't been there, you would have," Lay shot, crossing his arms.

Silence. None of them said anything for minutes. They just stared at each other.

"Chanyeol needs your help, Lay. It'll only take a few minutes. I can just guard the door, if that'll make you happier," the other guy said, finally breaking the silence.

Lay turned around to look at you. A quick sigh, and he walked out the door.

"You better stay out here, okay?" you heard him threaten outside the room.

The other guy didn't answer, but you listened carefully as Lay's footsteps faded away. 

After a few seconds of silence, the guy on the other side of the door came into the room and shut the door in a rather arrogant movement. He looked at you with a dull smirk and crossed his arms.

"I've never been fond of following orders," he then said as he went over to sit in the green armchair, crossing his leg and everything.

His presence was odd... Creepy in a way. You didn't know what to do. You wanted to call for help, but you remained silent. You knew that guy. And judging by the earlier conversation between Lay and him, you were absolutely sure of your point. It was the guy who'd attacked you. Kai.