EPISODE 13

It took the rest of the afternoon for you to pack your stuff at the hotel

It took the rest of the afternoon for you to pack your stuff at the hotel. Now it was evening – Already turning dark outside. You hadn't expected it to take so long, but your body was too weak to do anything. Baekhyun had almost done all of the packing, though he wasn't quite happy with nagging in your things. But you didn't care. You had nothing to hide.

You were standing on the street, waiting for a cab. As you were standing still, Baekhyun was walking around in circles. You could feel his nervousness. Anyone could see us here. We were practically standing in open sight, people walking past us every now and then. And you struggled to stand straight. You'd gotten more and more weak throughout the day because of the bite. Your body was hurting, head was pounding, nauseated, dizzy and almost everything blurred in front of your eyes. Baekhyun wanted to hold you, carry you around, protect you, but it would just attract too much attention. You'd told him that yourself.

Finally, a cab came, and Baekhyun opened the door to the back to get you in first. The driver asked you something about the destination, but you couldn't quite hear it clearly. You were way too sleepy. Way to exhausted. Baekhyun answered the driver instead as he entered the car, and the cab started driving. Your head was leaning against the edge of the car window, making you sit in a very uncomfortable position. But you didn't want to move. Just a simple thing like that took too much energy from you.

You flinched a little as Baekhyun moved your head from the window to his shoulder, but were soon calm again. He then wrapped an arm around you to make you relax. You weren't sure if Baekhyun was just doing it to be friendly or if he had other intensions. But for now, you chose to let him do what he wanted. You were hurt and he was there to help you.

"How are you feeling?" he quietly asked, just to see if you were still awake.
You moved your head a little on his shoulder.
"Well... If you look apart from the huge headache, uncontrollable nausea, flickering eyes and (not to forget) the tormenting pain spreading from my neck to the rest of my body... I'm actually doing quite fine."
You thought the sarcasm in your voice would make him laugh, but he didn't even smile. He was really worried.
"Sorry, I... I didn't mean to-"
"Don't apologize... You have nothing to apologize for," Baekhyun said as he turned his head to meet your eyes.
"You'll be alright, Y/N."
You turned to meet his eyes as well.
"It didn't seem like I'd be fine, earlier," you said, trying to control your sarcasm.
"Y/N... Like I said earlier, you needn't worry. As long as you're not worrying, you'll be fine, okay?"
He gave you a little smile, then looked at the driver. Baekhyun took some money from his pocket and put it in the driver's hand. Then he opened the door and jumped out of the car. You'd been so tired that you hadn't even realized you'd reached the destination.
Baekhyun bent down and put out a hand for you. You grabbed it, and he helped you out of the car. If he hadn't been there, you would've fallen outside the car – Your legs were too weak. This time, Baekhyun insisted on carrying you, and as much as you wanted to deny him, you couldn't. Actually you could, but then you would just sit alone on the street, not being able to move at all. And that thought didn't really attract you. Baekhyun scooped you up in his arms and placed you on a couch in the lobby, then went outside again.

It wasn't a big lobby. Not a big hotel to be more exact. It was nothing like the one you came from, and it was far from EXO's. But who cared? You only had to stay there for the night, and would be gone around 7 o'clock in the next morning. You just needed a place to sleep.

Baekhyun came in again with your luggage. It wasn't much, but you still hated to see him do all that for you. You felt bad for telling them to leave you alone. They didn't deserve it. But at the same time, they were still Monsters. And at least one of them had proven that they were dangerous.
As Baekhyun came closer, your body got weaker and suddenly everything darkened. You only got to see Baekhyun dropping your luggage on the floor, running towards you as fast as he could. But he didn't get to you before you were gone.

...

You woke up in a comfortable bed, sheets and carpets covering you completely. You sat up against the back of the bed. A quick look around: You were in the hotel room. And such a comfortable bed in such a small hotel was actually quite surprising. A good surprise. You could stay there all day. Or... Wait... What time was it? What day was it? You panicked and looked around the room again to find your phone. There it was: Right next to the bed. You picked it up. 'Pheeew...' You'd only been gone for a few hours. It was 10 pm. But just as your relief had been there, it went away again. Because WHERE was Baekhyun?! He was nowhere to be seen. The bathroom door was open, and he was certainly not in the room. Well, he could be hiding under your bed, but that wouldn't make much sense.

Suddenly, the hotel room door opened, and he came in. 'Pheeew!' again. Your heart was beating so fast because of his sudden disappearance, but everything was all right now. Nothing to be worried about.

"Where have you been? You got me worried sick!" you said as you pulled the sheets off you and went to jump out of the bed. But Baekhyun hurried to your side and gently pushed you back into the bed while covering you up again with the sheets.
"Steady now. You need to relax," he just said after which he sat on the edge of your bed, patting your leg.
"Where have you been, Baekhyun?" you asked again. You wanted an answer.
Baekhyun sighed and looked away from you. Not a good sign.
"You'll just get mad, if I tell you."
You frowned by his answer.
"Okay, I'm not your mother, Baekhyun. I'm not in control of your doing. I was just worried. Curious to where you've been."
Baekhyun looked at you again.
"I know it was quite the risk, but I went to... I went to the hotel. Our hotel."
"You did WHAT?!"
It came as a shock. There were probably men there. Armed men. All of them ready to knock him down and catch him, if they saw him.
"I did it for you. I had to. We have medicine there. At the clinic."
You slowly moved your hand towards your neck to signal, if he meant medicine for the bite. He gave you a little smile and carefully moved your hand away again.
"I can give you an injection. It's awfully painful, but if you don't take the injection, you may... you may..."
"I get it..." you interrupted him and put a hand on his, smiling. It felt weird, but... right at the same time. But you had to remove it anyway. For the best. Baekhyun gave you a little smile again, then went to grab something from a bag, he'd brought with him. Up from it, he took a medium-sized needle. Even though it wasn't big, it looked dangerous as hell. And there was something in it. Something blue. Probably the medicine.
Baekhyun came to sit by your side again, and rolled up your sleeve.
"It'll only hurt for a minute. I don't like lying to you, so I'm telling you the truth, when I say that it's gonna hurt a lot. Do you think that you can handle it?"
It sounded really scary, but you knew that Baekhyun wouldn't let anything hurt you, so you remained calm. It would hurt, but if you weren't calm, it would feel even worse.
"Yes, I can handle it," you answered him with confidence.
"Very well. A good tip for you is to just close your eyes, count to three, heavy breath in and out... And just keep repeating the breathing process."
"Okay..."
You closed your eyes, but opened them again. You looked at Baekhyun.
"Baekhyun..."
His eyes met yours.
"Thank you... For this... For... Everything."
He smiled and swept a tear away from your cheek. You hadn't even noticed that you were crying.
"The medicine is very strong, so to process all of it, your body will go to sleep. If you're lucky, you may fall asleep before the pain strikes."
"Are you ready?" Baekhyun asked and held the needle next to your arm.
"Yes," you said and slowly closed your eyes.
You began counting and took deep breaths... In and out... And you repeated it. Over and over again. Then you felt the prick. You felt a stinging pinch in your arm, though it was only there for a second. Then the pain took over. It felt like you had growing pains in your whole body, just ten times worse. You kept counting... Kept breathing heavily... But the pain dominated your weak body.

Though suddenly, all went numb. Every single muscle, joint and part of your body were sleeping. You could still feel the pain growing a little, but your mind was slowly fading away, ignoring it. It didn't take long for you to disappear into the night.