EPISODE 22

Okay, this was stupid

You'd been lying on the floor for several minutes now, not even one time daring to stand up. And there were two reasons for this. First of all, there were windows in almost all the doors in that hallway, meaning that if you stood up, you were at risk of being seen. And second of all, you were in a room right now, with a very sick person... And even worse, it was a person from EXO... And you couldn't stand the thought of seeing one of them- any of them for that matter, just lying in a bed, horribly close to dying.

Because of this, you hadn't even looked at who's cell you'd walked into. You had no idea who was in that bed right behind you.
'Orghhh!' you screamed inside your head as you stood up.
You were looking at the door... Looking through the window.
'Get it together, Y/N! Just turn around,' you told yourself, but still stood looking in the opposite direction of the bed.
You took a deep breath as your small steps made you turn around to face the bed. This was harder than you thought it'd be. Way harder. And stupid as well, like, how much time had you just wasted on this?
'Okay, enough!' you thought, as you in an instance, turned all the way around, now facing the bed.

And there he was...
One that you didn't know too well, but still cared much for.
His usually golden hair wasn't that golden anymore, completely faded out, just like his skin. His perfectly fresh skin had become grey, making him look as cold as ice.
You took a few steps closer to him, which led you to notice a long tube that was tucked into his wrist. You followed it with your eyes, and on a stand next to the bed was a plastic bag, filled with Hyzixinide.
You inspected his face: Horrifying... Absolutely horrifying. What used to be such a beautiful, elegant face had turned dark, mouth and eyelids even darker... And what was that? Cracks? There were cracks in his skin; dark blue cracks running from his temples to his chin.
Was this what the Hyzixide did to their bodies?!
You put a hand to your mouth, making sure not to barf; this gave you such a nauseating feeling that just trembled through your body.

The nausea slowly went away again, and you prepared yourself to wake him.
You felt bad for having to wake him, but you needed his help. He might be horribly weak, but any help, even the smallest, would be better in this case.
You slowly moved your hand above his chest, hovering it a bit before putting it down. But by just a small touch, you instantly moved your hand away, even taking a step back...
His body didn't only look cold; it was cold. Stingingly cold.
You looked at your hand, touching it slightly with the other only to feel the numbness from the cold touch. You glanced at his face once again. How could a dying person look so calm?

You moved your hand to his shoulder this time. The stinging cold shot through your hand and up your arm as you placed it on his shoulder, but you didn't move it this time. Instead, you shook him carefully, lowering your voice as you called:
"Xiumin..."
No reaction.
You shook him one more time, but then immediately removed your hand as you realized something.
You'd only inspected his looks...
But by the way he looked, you should've been more thorough. You should've thought of inspecting something a little more important. His heart, for instance.
You hadn't even considered the fact that maybe... maybe... it wasn't beating.