EPISODE 24

The hallway was way too empty and quiet for you to sneak down it in pure silence; the only loud noise that sounded through it together with the noisy echoing in the office room was when you closed the door shut behind you

"Sh*t!" you whispered, your eyes panicky looking around the room as you froze with your hand still on the door handle. Even your breathing went still.

Only your eyes were moving, quickly switching focus from door to door.

But nothing happened.

You were more than certain that the noise would've reached at least one guard somewhere, but no one came into the room.

It was incredibly odd. Everything was.

Or rather... suspicious.

Ever since you came here, there'd been nothing but silence and emptiness; only once, guards had passed you and that happened to be when you were in the hallway of EXO's location.

The first time you were here, there'd been guards everywhere. Maybe not in the hallways, but definitely in this room.

Of course, this place was much bigger than what you'd seen of it hence the possibility of no guards being in here was quite high. But you would assume that this office of theirs was a main office or so, which then again added to the suspicious part of the situation.

'Cause why would anyone ever leave the main office of their base? A place in which you could find plenty of information the organization clearly wouldn't want you to find.

You quickly took a glance around the room again after which you snuck into the middle of the room, feeling the chills run down your spine by the memory of sitting at that exact table where you were told about the organization's plans to kill EXO.

Leaving the terrible memory behind with a shake of your head, you crept over to a few desks at the other end of the room in hope that you could find a map or at least something that could lead you to the control room. You let your hands slide across the keyboard buttons of the computers, but none of the buttons you pressed unlocked the screens. Instead, you thought of searching for papers and folders in the desk drawers or lockers lining up the walls, but once again: no luck. Also, most of them required either a key or some sort of technology card, though you had hoped the workers would be stupid enough to abandon the place without securing anything at all. But of course, that wasn't the case. As much as you hated admitting it, the organization was quite proficient. Although this whole "no guards anywhere" couldn't really be considered a "proficient" move.

You knew that they were here, but still their absence did worry you as they were pretty much the main part of you and Xiumin's plan. Yes, if they weren't to be here at all, you could simply just walk out of this damn place with EXO hand in hand. But the problem was that they didn't have any energy left to walk anywhere and the only way to get their energy back was through souls. Which they could only get from the guards, seeing that no one else working here (except from those women filling the bags with Hyxizinide), were even near EXO's cells. And as for the women, there were just not enough of those.