EPISODE 23

Was this what death felt like? You were surrounded by a darkness so dark, that you were actually fascinated

Was this what death felt like? You were surrounded by a darkness so dark, that you were actually fascinated. You didn't feel like you were looking through the darkness though. You had this weird feeling of emptiness, but still a little... consciousness. You couldn't see anything, nor could you hear... But there was still something. You could feel. And it didn't feel like you were in that darkness; you were somewhere else. It was like your mind kept wandering around in the dark, while your soul was fighting to get out of it.
Your soul...
It was your soul that you could feel!
It was fighting. Fighting for its life...
You were fighting for your life.

GASP!
You immediately sat up; eyes completely open - heart and lungs racing against each other.
"Y/N!" someone called, and panicky your eyes flickered around to find out who.
"Y/N, are you alright?!" the voice called again, and you jumped in shock, when he appeared in front of you. His hands were on both of your shoulders, while his eyes stared deeply into yours.
Things were quite blurry to your eyes, but still you could recognize his faded image.
You felt your startled heart and fast breaths going slower as he moved his hands from your shoulders to your cheeks, while leaning in further towards you.
"How?" he asked quietly, and you felt his breath at your face.
He tilted your head a bit to both sides, switching between being close to your face and far away.
It seemed like he was inspecting you.
"Xiumin..." you finally got out in a hoarse whisper, and he instantly stopped.
"What are you doing?" you continued, sounding really exhausted and confused.
You glanced around for a bit, and as the blur slowly faded away, your eyes went to focus on Xiumin again.
Such a beautiful face...
It was so much prettier without all those cracks and blue veined eyes.
Wait.
How come he didn't have those anymore?
They were there earlier, weren't they?
There before you-
Omg.
WHAT?!
Your exhaustion was gone in the blink of an eye as you realized it.
You were still alive!
But- HOW?
Xiumin had taken your soul! How could you still be alive when your soul was gone?!
Your body was shaking in confusion, and Xiumin tightened his grip around your head to keep you calm.
But it didn't help much.
Your heart began beating fast again, and your eyes were watering.
"Xi-Xiumin! What's wro- Why am I still alive?!" you asked, your voice shivering.
His concerned expression didn't make you feel any better. He seemed just as scared as you. For a moment, you wondered why, but then it hit you.
When a human's soul was taken, they would either die or... become a Monster.
And since you hadn't died...
There was only one other option.

You felt your breaths starting to go just as fast as your heartbeat. You looked around, and felt the fear grow inside you as you saw the surroundings of Xiumin's cell.
You hadn't expected to see it again.
Xiumin had made it pretty clear that the chance of you becoming a Monster was very little...
So how? How come, you actually got that chance?
You wouldn't call yourself lucky this time.
This wasn't what you wanted.
You weren't ready to live your life as a...
Monster.

"Look me in the eyes," Xiumin said, a very serious tone in his voice.
You frowned at him because of his demanding words, but eventually did as he told you.
You found it weird that he was narrowing his own eyes as he looked at you.
"Open your mouth," he then said, and even though you frowned in even more confusion, you still did as he told you.
Xiumin lowered his head, and carefully put his finger upon your teeth.
Then he sat up straight again.
He put his hand on his head, scratching it slightly.
"How... How is that possible?" he asked himself.
"How can you still be alive..."
He sent you a serious look.
"But not be a Monster?"