EPISODE 8

You'd been busy all day, walking around the city, shopping, getting tours, hanging out (with yourself), so when you finally came home in the evening, you just threw yourself on the bed and laid there for about an hour

You'd been busy all day, walking around the city, shopping, getting tours, hanging out (with yourself), so when you finally came home in the evening, you just threw yourself on the bed and laid there for about an hour. You'd probably fallen asleep without even noticing.

You jumped out of the bed in shock, when someone knocked on the door to your room. You stood on the floor for a minute to gather yourself, then quietly walked to the door. With one eye, you could see a tall person through the peephole. He was wearing a professional outfit, meaning that he worked at the hotel. You opened the door, and greeted him nicely. At first you weren't really sure, why he was there, but then you noticed the package. A white box, with gold patterns and a glittery ribbon around it. 'For me?' you pointed at yourself, giving the man a sign, that you were confused. He nodded, and gave you the package.

" Who's it from? " you asked as you reached for it.
" It doesn't say, " the man answered, a bit sad-looking. Maybe because he didn't have the answer.
" Well, did you notice who came with it, then? " you asked, really curious to know more.
" No, it just stood in the lobby. No one noticed who left it there. "
There was a little card tied to the ribbon. 'Y/N', it said. Nothing else.
" Thanks... " you said a little unsure, but then smiled nicely at the man and closed the door.
" Now... Let's see what you are! "
You placed the package on your bed, ready to open it. But first, you decided to take a picture of it. After all, it was one of the most beautiful packages, you'd ever seen.

You grabbed your phone from the counter, but as you scrolled through the apps, you noticed that you had an unread message. The message from yesterday. The message from EXO. Should you open it? Would that be a good idea? What did it say? You debated if you should open it or not. Because, seriously... It was from EXO. They were bad for you. All of them. But you couldn't control your curiosity, and opened the message anyway.

"Tomorrow. 7 pm. Don't be late.
- EXO"

Uhm, what? What the hell? Was that it? Was that the mysterious message from EXO? What the hell did they mean by tomorrow, and 7 pm? Did they want you to be somewhere? Did they want you to visit them? What was going on?

You clicked away from the message and turned the camera on. Three pictures was probably enough. Then you threw your phone on the bed, and went to open your package. You removed everything very slowly, hoping not to destroy the beauty of it. Finally, you could open the box. You lifted the lid carefully. Your eyes met the sight of an envelope lying upon some golden paper. You grabbed the envelope, and carefully opened it. What was all of this?

│Dear Y/N,

We've all been so delighted by your company lately, which brings us to giving you this invitation.

We're hoping that you can join us at our traditional 'Siti-party' taking place tonight with the purpose of celebrating our love to the city, and the friendships we've made here.
Also, to apologize once again for our actions, we offer you a dress. If you wear it, it could be a way of showing us your forgiveness.
The party is at our hotel, and the festivities begin at 7 pm.
We all hope to see you there.

- EXO

Oh, so that was what the text was about...

They could've just sent the package; you didn't need a text reminder.

You quickly took a glance at the time – 6:30 p.m...

Then you panicked.

You could never get ready in only 30 minutes! Taking care of both makeup & hair, not to mention, clothes as well would take forever. What were you going to do?! Wait. Stop. Did you just- Did you just actually think about going to EXO's party? What was wrong with you? They were excessively mysterious and dangerous. They were Monsters. Why did you even CONSIDER going to their party?

You threw the envelope on the bed, and went to remove the package, but then you remembered – The dress. There was a dress in that package. You stood there for a minute, looking at the golden paper as if it was candy. The best candy in the world. It filled most of the package, probably covering the dress. Or protecting it from dirt.

You shook your head, turned around, and walked away. But within just a few seconds, your eyes automatically made their way towards the package again. 'Orghhh! I can't take this anymore! I'll just take a look at that damn dress!' you thought as you hurried back to your bed, and removed the gold paper.
Your mouth nearly fell to the ground at the sight of it. The dress.
W. O. W.
Wow.
WOW!
Never had you seen such a beautiful dress. And you hadn't even taken it out of the package yet. You carefully moved your hands to the bottom of the package, lifting the dress up. " Hmpfff! " It was heavy. The dress was heavy. Also meaning, that the fabrics were very real, and the dress probably costed about... You couldn't even think of how high that number would be.
You held the dress in front of you, as you stood in front of the wall mirror. There you could see the whole dress, from top to bottom: Deep, dark green – almost a royal color. A big, fluffy skirt making a wonderful sound as it swayed across the floor. And the top. Sleeveless and darker than the skirt. Though it was very "open" and kind of looked like a corset. But who cared about that? It was a freaking couture dress. What else could someone ask for?

But you hadn't asked for a dress. You hadn't asked for an invitation. You hadn't asked to meet EXO. Why did they do this? Why did they always try to stay in contact? Why couldn't they just leave you alone? Another problem, that you had to take care of. You didn't want anything to do with those guys, and now they needed to know that. One last interaction with them, and then it should be over. You didn't like the thought of going to that party, but you needed to tell them. Tell them, that they should leave you alone, and let you live your own life. Also, how could you turn down the opportunity to walk around in such a wonderful dress?

You looked at your phone once again, just to check the time. 6:45 p.m. 15 minutes. You had 15 minutes to get ready, find a cap and get to the party. How on earth were you going to make that? You panicked as you ran through the room, into the bathroom and out from bathroom. It didn't take long for you to get ready, and this was probably the fastest way, you'd ever applied make-up and fixed your hair. You practically jumped into the dress, struggling to zip it up. But you made it. You looked in the mirror one last time before leaving the room. You looked beautiful. The dress was a perfect fit, your curly h/c hair was soft and glittery, and your make-up was on point. You'd achieved the perfect look in just a few minutes – impressive. You flashed a little smile as you looked at yourself in the mirror. Then you grabbed your phone and leather purse, and ran out of the room.

You wouldn't make to the party in time. At some point, you cared about it, but then again, you didn't. Yes, you were late, but EXO just had to accept that. You controlled your life, not them. You also needed to focus on your goal. Letting EXO know, that they should leave you alone. And by arriving late, you actually also showed them that they weren't in control of you. No one was.