𝖎. A Midsummer's Nightmare

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊a midsummer's nightmare

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊
a midsummer's nightmare

LEO STARED UP at the ceiling. He laid on a bed he had never felt before that day in a room he had never seen in a house he had never stayed in. It was almost like the beginning of a vacation, a hotel room with fresh sheets and maybe a faint floral fragrance, the cold bearing down on him as he put down his bag, taking a look at the room with excitement racing through him.

But this was not a hotel, nor it was it a short vacation. All he knew was that he had come home after school and his mother was pacing frantically from news that she heard. She uttered the words that two people had been killed at Hogwarts, were his witch sister was attending. That sounded harsh, but Leo didn't mean it in a bad way.

Maia Greene, his younger twin, was a witch while he was a muggle. A squib since their mum says their father was also a wizard. Two different worlds existing in one family, not dividing them but forcing a separation - even if it was small. And he was the outlier.

When he grew up, magic surrounded him. His mother, Nadia Greene, used it all the time as his Aunt Mel did. And his cousin, Calypso, and sister showed signs of the trait while he stayed the same; without. And when he and Maia turned eleven, only she received the letter stating that Hogwarts had accepted her.

She was a wizard, he was not.

Leo Greene was perfectly muggle. He went to a muggle school, was surrounded by muggles in public, but he was also apart of the wizarding world at home. He knew his mother was a muggleborn but not even she understood after so long with magic in her life. Aunt Mel was a muggle lawyer but she wasn't like him. Calypso was fascinated by his kind while Maia never cared to know about his life.

He appreciated that his family knew about his kind. He loved that his grandpa was a muggle just like him and they bonded better than he ever did with Maia. But they didn't understand and they never would. Because while they had always been surrounded by magic, or in his mother's case surrounded by magic long enough that she had forgotten what it was like to live as a muggle, he was alone.

Leo was the muggle. He was a fascination, a potential client at work, or a family member. He wasn't a wizard and that made him different. He never despised this fact. He was proud to be a muggle even if sometimes jealously crept in when they all talked about Hogwarts' beauty.

His mum always had a fond look on her face as she recounted those days, Calypso's always blazed as she told him everything about her school year - she even presented him with things of the wizarding world (as if he wanted to experience it, the other reminder that of what he wasn't), and Maia always seemed as though she was home when she went off to the school.