𝖝𝖎𝖎. Ordaining My Skin

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊ordaining my skin

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊
ordaining my skin

AT THE END of Harrowing Street, in the white pristine house with the newly trimmed lawn, perfect as it had once been before the year where the family seemingly abandoned the house, with green grass and glorious windows overlooking the growing neighborhood and doors leading up to a double door and a cat figurine waving its paw in a welcoming gesture, was a once convicted (maybe? almost?) murderer, a dead man recalled to life, brilliant mother, ghost, set of twins, and two werewolves; a family gathering.

         The peculiar family stood up amongst the neighbors, the children attending a 'boarding school' in Scotland where their mothers had attended, not forgetting the fact the family of three disappeared for a year before reappearing at the property with many more than three people appearing in and out of the house throughout summer. The aura of the house remained gloomy, touched by death, and the once friendly Nadia Greene who frequently walked around the neighborhood and chatted with all the other people living there never once said a word to any of them.

         The neighbors would peer into the window and see her son, Leo Greene, talking to nothing, while Maia, her daughter, paced around her room anxiously. The neighbors, of course, began to gossip about the once almost-normal family, outlawing them to the pariahs of the cookie-cut families, saying I think they're apart of a witness protection program or they have to spies for the government and many more false tales.

         Yet, there was no answer to sate them.

         The windows foretold the events of a family gathering together in the living room, playing board games and watching films, moving into the dining room for dinner, and many times crying together, mourning of a lost loved one. The windows gave insight to the maddening Maia, who grew anxious as every day passed, knowing that one day they were going to come for her, and the rising Leo who used to stay inside all day now was only seen there at night. Where he went, no one knew.

         The windows showed how the maybe-almost murderer came over every day, slowly regaining the color in his skin and a cheer of mirth in his eyes, looking after the children but also helping cook dinner with Nadia. They showed how the two would dance every night after the children went to bed, falling in love again, until a moment passed and a kiss was stolen between them, the feeling having never faded between them even though many years were wasted – thrown away in a prison where he had one been kept.

         The windows showed the grieving daughter coming over to spend time with her family, showed how her father would follow her over on the weekend, sometimes the one recalled to life joining them, and they would gather together in solace they were all there while mourning those who weren't. They would move forward, not wanting to waste time in the past, and the son Leo Greene would go to his room to a ghost.