𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

I can't believe it's finally over. This book has taken me so long to write as I have lost inspiration for it so many times, but I finally reached the end, and I am proud of it. This is the first time that I've really had two different narrators in one story, and it was a struggle sometimes, but it helped create a fuller story for Maia and Leo.

It's so weird for me to think that at least the first versions of the core books in the metanoia series have now been complete. Rewrites are coming for some, but the first versions of all four have been completed, but the series is still growing because I cannot let go of it at all and must explore so many characters that I've added. But anyway, it's strange that something I have worked on since 2016 is coming to a close - at least the first phase of it.

I feel like everything has been tied up, the main books has been completed and the story has been finished, details of how other characters fit into it being added in the future.

Bitter has taken me a long time to complete, but I am happy with the majority of the finish product. Even to complete the first draft of it - because this is honestly the first draft. I love Leo and Maia to death, they are so near and dear to my heart, and their endings are also close to my heart.

Everything that happened to Maia was always going to happen. She was always going to become a Death Eater, she was always going to kill Dumbledore, and she was always going to die. Other parts of her character have changed over time as I continued to write, but these core parts were always going to exist.

I have imagined another lifetime where Maia lived. She went to Remelda when Demetri first approached her, and after Remelda's death, turned to Calypso who agreed to hide her in one of the family homes Remelda owned before her death in France. Maia and Draco would've taken refuge there, gotten together, but it wouldn't have lasted.

I could never see Maia and Draco lasting. They came together because they understood each other, and used each other as a sort of comfort. It's not the beginnings of a healthy relationship, and Maia only chose him because she didn't have anyone else. They could've never worked. If she lived, after the war they would've drifted back to being friends, because that would never end, and met a muggle man. She would've never used magic again.

As for Leo, I imagine that he fully distanced himself from the wizarding world. He became a doctor, because after the tragedy and death he had seen, he wanted to be able to prevent it for as many people as he possibly could. He would become closer with Nadia and Sirius, gain some muggle friends, and forget about wizards as much as he possibly could.

Nancy eventually would've stopped appearing, because I do imagine that ghosts can choose to fully cross over into the afterlife, but that's just my interpretation. After hearing about Maia's death and the cause of it, she would've fallen into a great depression and latched onto Leo more before seeing how much he was blooming before finally reaching peace, knowing that he was alright and didn't need her guidance anymore.

I hope that little insight into what could've been for Maia and the future for Leo is helpful for you guys to know how life continues for Leo after everything he went through and what could've been for Maia if things had been different.

Thank you for everyone who has read their stories and loves them.