𝖎𝖎. Family Heirlooms

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔family heirlooms

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔
family heirlooms

IN HIS TIME at 12 Grimmauld Place, Leo learned that it had two moods; incredible loudness or unbearable silence. The noise came from a portrait of the late Walburga Black who screamed about the inhabitants 'defiling' her house (even though she had been dead for years and therefore didn't live there anymore) and from the Weasley twins. Fred and George were an acquired taste that Leo didn't very much like, he would admit.

They were nice, sure, offered to use their tricks to eavesdrop on Order of the Phoenix meetings if they so pleased to be kept informed. And they sometimes Apparated out of the house with their siblings or alone to go meet with Lee Jordan, their friend and sort-of business partner (the whole business wasn't official, neither was Lee's part in it) and that was good. Leo had heard of Lee through Calypso since they were friends but he had never actually met the guy.

But the twins were also annoying. Not annoying like Nala the cat whenever she wanted attention, swatting at your arm or face or pushing glasses off of surfaces, but the kind of annoying that made Leo's eye twitch. They constantly Apparated through the whole house as if they had forgotten how to walk like normal people, flaunting their new ability that came with their being-of-age because in the wizarding world, adulthood began at seventeen instead of eighteen.

It wasn't that big of a difference, just a year, but to Leo that year could mean not having to deal with the twin's showing off their new trick. He supposed he was more jealous than anything. He lived in a new of wizards and while that wasn't any different from before, seeing as his mum and sister were witches, it was now on a grander scale. And he wasn't just twenty minutes away from his grandfather.

God, Leo loved his grandfather. He was a sweet man, sometimes snappish on his worst days, who still worked even though he could retire. Whenever he went over, Leo would help him with his garden and they would watch TV together while Leo told him about school and did his homework. He loved going there on the weekends or after school, seeing as he didn't have any friends to hang out with instead.

During summer, he often spent his weeks there. His grandfather lived right in front of a river and he loved spending his time there. Maia always hated going over to their grandad's. Well, not hated. She loved Papa as much as him, but she never liked being home to begin this.

Maia was enthralled by magic and always wanted to be surrounded by it, but at home mum never used magic and Papa wasn't a wizard at all. And he loved his sister, but he hated that she was instantly repelled by anything muggle. Never wanted to go see muggle London when she could just dip into Diagon Alley so easily there. Never wanted to enjoy the simple pleasures with her muggle twin or go see movies in the theater.