𝖝𝖛. Touch of Evil

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓touch of evil

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
touch of evil

EVEN THOUGH HIS house on Harrowing Street, his childhood home where he placed all his good memories, wasn't 12 Grimmauld Place with a screaming portrait and cobwebs, dark mysteries lying in the shadows and dangerous magic just around the corner, it didn't mean that Leo liked to stay at home. Since last year, when he started going out and adventuring with Thea and leaving Grimmauld Place for the aforementioned reasons, he hasn't gone back to the hermit crab he used to be.

          Harrowing Street was where he found comfort; the kitchen where his mother cooked breakfast, the living room where he watched cartoons, the hallways he chased Maia around – this was his childhood; his safety blanket. But somehow, since the departure last year and the revelation to so many things, and the family radically changing with losing one member and gaining two more, Harrowing Street seemed to lose the charm it once had on Leo because he no longer wanted to stay but itched to leave.

          He wanted to go out and be with Thea and Jasper, he wanted to stay out until it was too dark and Nadia was concerned for his safety because that meant less time staying there for the night. Maybe it was because he had seen the world outside of Harrowing Street, had seen death for the first time in the ghost of his birth mother and murder of Remelda, but he no longer believed that Harrowing Street was as safe as it used to be.

          Because Harrowing Street did not prepare him for being confronted with these truths.

          Harrowing Street drew him into a false sense of comfort where nothing evil could ever touch him. Harrowing Street still made him feel safe even when Calypso and Maia came home with reports of the monsters that lurked at Hogwarts during the year. Harrowing Street still felt safe even when they came home to tell them about the rise of Voldemort again and the deaths that occurred at Hogwarts. He felt safe because he was not there, he was in his room, and nothing could touch him there.

          Now, he knew that the evil could touch him anywhere he stood.

          He wrapped his jacket around him, knowing the air would be too cold, and messed with his hair while looking in the mirror to make sure it was perfectly imperfect. Through the mirror, he saw the ghost of Nancy appear and float up to him, reaching out to touch his hair before going through the strands, causing a disappointed look to mold onto her face.

          "You're leaving again," she stated, "I hardly ever see you anymore."

          Guilt settled inside of him. He didn't mean to ignore Nancy, he was beginning to love his birth mother after knowing her for a year and all the advice she had given to him. She was the one who didn't leave him at night, staying until he eventually dreamt and she faded away to wherever she wanted to go.