𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊. Closure

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊closure

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊
closure

Leo -

I hope that you're reading this, because I need to speak to you one last time even if it's not an actual conversation. I know you hate me, I don't blame you, but please read this letter.

I never wanted this to happen. Please don't think of me as the girl who became a Death Eater, but instead think of me as your sister who loves you, who did everything for you. I met our father two years ago under the worst type of circumstances. I hope you never meet him.

He told me that if I did everything he said, he wouldn't kill you or anyone in our family. I was so scared so I didn't tell anyone and believe me, it's one of my deepest regrets. I didn't want any of you to die, and even after Aunt Mel's death, I convinced myself that no one else had to die.

So I did everything they told me, and I - well, I did a lot that I'm not proud of. But I did it to keep you safe, because I needed you and our mum to be safe. If it meant saving you, I would do anything, and I did. I don't regret that because it means that you're still alive and I hope it stays that way until you're old.

Grow old, will you? I'm seventeen forever, but you can be seventy, so grow old.

I'm sorry for everything I've done to you, I'm sorry for being cruel to you, I'm sorry for all that I've done. I have so many regrets, but I don't regret giving myself up to save you.

I love you, so much. Forever and forever.

Your sister,
Maia xx

LEO GREENE WAS not an avid fan of coffee. It was bitter, and even if he added gallons of sugar, it still tasted a little off. But, through his time at university, he learned to swallow the warm taste in his mouth because of the energy it provided him.

He looked at the newspaper in front of him, a pang in his heart as it was last year when he saw the date. MAY 2ND, 2000. He flipped the page so he didn't have to see it, remembering the flashes of Teddy in his lap, Calypso's black hair hitting him, allowing Tonks to leave, and the tears he shed at the end of the day.

He closed his eyes for a second, shaking away those memories, because that was not what he wanted to remember. He wanted to forget everything about that day, and instead he wanted to remember before - before the war started, when he was younger and his hair was shaggy, not short, and he didn't know about his birth family. Before 12 Grimmauld Place. He wanted to remember before, and nothing of what happened after.