𝖎𝖛. A New Start

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗a new start

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗
a new start

IT WAS DECIDED early on, at the beginning of summer, that it was best to transfer Leo from his old school to somewhere new that was closer to Headquarters. Since they were staying there and Leo always walked to school, he couldn't exactly walk back to his old one in a reasonable amount of time.

And he could understand that, it was very reasonable, and even then he was happy to be gone from his old school. It wasn't like he had any friends there to miss. Leo Greene didn't talk to anyone; he did his work well and then kept to himself. It wasn't like there was anyone interested in him anyway, so it didn't matter.

He was just the weird boy whose twin sister went to boarding school while he went to a public one, showing - at least to them - favoritism among the twins to their mother. Even though Nadia always looked so loving when they saw her around school for different events they hosted.

But a new school meant new prospects, not that they were very exciting to Leo. If it were a teen movie, the main character would be a hot female who didn't think they were attractive at all and a book nerd who would be taken in by the popular group and fall in love with the most popular guy in school or something. But Leo's life was not a teen movie, and he also wasn't a girl, so that would not be happening for him.

No, a new school meant the continuous of isolation. Maybe at first people would try to take a grab at him - one of the shiny new toys - but once they saw how boring he is and how weird his family can be, they'll lay and he'll be alone again.

And that was fine, he was used to being alone. After many school years and even this past summer, isolation had become his best friend. Of course, he reasoned, he did meet his mother - or, well, the ghost of his mother - and they're always talking, but it was rather sad to think that the person he talked to the most is a dead woman who gave birth to him.

Not even a ghost that was his age and had been haunting the house for a century. That would be much cooler but Leo had never been cool, so of course that would never happen.

"Your school starts later than Hogwarts," the spirit of his said mother commented when he was getting dressed for his first day.

He shrugged. His old school started earlier but this one gave him a longer summer - he wasn't thankful for it. "Public schools don't have a set date they start on every year like Hogwarts. I mean, it's always around the same time, but it differs," Leo explained.

This only caused Nancy to frown. "Public schools? What are you talking about?"

"Well," Leo tied the laces of his shoes, "The muggle education system has two different types of schools; public, which is free, and private, which requires you to pay money to attend. You usually get a better education at private."