𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. All About Appearances

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓all about appearances

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
all about appearances

The Christmas lights strewn around his room, a Christmas tree in the corner with bulbs covering it – lit with its own colorful mixture of lights, and the countdown with the days until the celebrated holiday all foretold two things: one, Leo loved Christmas and two, it was the most wonderful time of the year. And yes, he knows that he's sappy to call follow the old song and call it the most wonderful time of the year, but it was. There was something about all the festivity, bright lights, and cheer that could make anyone feel warm and, really, who didn't like a good Christmas movie?

         He knew that it might be a bit over the top and that his room was much more decorated than any other place in the house since Nadia didn't like all the hassle of spending so much time and money on decorations that would only be out for a month and then having to take it all down so soon, but Leo didn't care. He got his own artificial tree and his own Winter Wonderland and that made him content. Especially more since last year he hadn't been able to decorate at all because at the time 12 Grimmauld Place was not meant to have any cheer at all.

         Or, at least, it looked that way, what with the macabre outlook of it. And Leo was forbidden from decorating since it wasn't really his room or house even though he was living there for about an entire year, but whatever. He just had to go all out this year to make up for lost cheer the prior year and that was just fine with him because he loved the way his room looked. And if it weren't for Nadia forcing him to take everything done once January hit, his room would look like this year-round.

         But while he loved Christmas, Nadia was indifferent to it and Maia simply did not like the season. She said it was more about commerce than cheer and she never really was happy with anything anyone got her because it wasn't hand picked by her (and the one year Leo tried to let her pick, she threw a hit), but she never told anyone what she wanted so it was all guessing game that they ultimately failed at. Leo told her on more than one occasion that he wasn't a mind reader and couldn't possibly know what she wanted, and her response was to roll her eyes and scoff.

         Nancy looked onto the room with displeasure, her chin turned up a little like Remelda used to do. It made his heart when he thought about his dead aunt, and even though to see that his own mother did the same thing to haunt him. He was sure it was just a product from their upbringing if they both did the same exact thing.

         "I don't see why you take pleasure in all of this," Nancy commented, though not unkindly. While her expression should that of disgust, her tone edged more on the line of curiosity.

         Leo smiled easily at her. No one around him understood why he liked the holiday so much besides his grandpa, who he helped decorate the house with. His granddad was too old to do it on his own and Leo was more than willing to help the old guy out and spend some time with him. His grandpa always knew how to cheer him up.