𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. A Wonderful Feeling

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓a wonderful feeling

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
a wonderful feeling

AS SUMMER CAME to an end, Maia found herself spending more and more time at Malfoy Manor preparing for the next year where she would walk around as a wolf in sheep's clothing; a good girl with a mark on her harm, a wicked woman in disguise. The tricky part was not her own shame or curse, but the one placed upon Draco Malfoy, who joined her this summer in receiving the mark because his father was condemned to Azkaban and had failed in his mission to retrieve the prophecy last school year.

         No one would suspect quiet Maia Greene, daughter of the woman who has continued to love Sirius Black throughout all these years where he had been forced to the prison. She was as innocent and good as anyone else and her offspring had to be the same – but she was not off the good Nadia Greene; she was of the torturous Demetri Carrow and his dead wife. The woman who Maia couldn't remember, the woman Demetri wouldn't say a word about. She knew nothing about her except for she was once wicked but had tried to reform in saving her child, knew nothing except she was a traitor to the Dark Lord's cause.

         But while no one would think any differently about Maia even if she always wore long sleeves and never let anyone touch her left arm out of fear, everyone would see the change in Draco. It was apparent even now and the year hadn't even begun. Draco with his pristine hair growing a little bit more wild every day, who wore a black suit and held himself high but was marked with bags under his eyes. Maia could hold herself together, she had to for her family, but Draco was letting the stress seep through onto him.

         She wished she could sympathy because of their same situation, but she didn't have enough emotion to extend to him that she wasn't already using trying to convince herself that she was a good person. She wanted desperately to believe that she was good, that this was for a good reason even if she looked wicked and felt that same way, but she didn't know how. She felt rotten, not good and fresh, and she couldn't trick her mind to believe she was good either.

         Maia Greene the betrayer.

         That's who she would have to be. In order to protect her family, she was going to have to be their betrayer. It was a cruel twist of fate, but those were the cards given to her so she could not refute them.

         "Focus, Amara," her father snapped in her face, causing her to recoil out of shock before looking at him. He stopped calling her Maia after she received the mark, now she was only Amara or his valiant diamond. She hated both of them. "The Dark Lord wishes to see you after he's finished with his current meeting, you should not space out while you wait."

         "Sorry, father," she told him, though she did not truly mean it. It was the practiced line, the one he wanted to hear and the one she would give him in order to protect her family.