Chapter 17 | No Bullshit

Mariah's POV

*A few months later*

Life has been good. I have enrolled Tyson into preschool (hardest moment of my life), my career has taken off greatly, and Chris and I are still going strong. Chyna and Jackie are my closest friends these days. Taylor and I honestly haven't spoken to each other in about.......five months? I think. Anyways she's irrelevant now.

The word love is now popping up more than it ever was before. I feel like I should be saying it back now but I don't know if it'd be true. I'm just so confused with of this that I try to avoid it at all costs. I can tell Chris gets angry when I don't say it back, but I can't say what I don't mean otherwise I'd be a liar right?

I came back from Walmart and as I was putting away my groceries, someone knocked on my door. I walked over and opened up the door and rolled my eyes when I saw Rodney standing there with his hands in his pockets. I turned around to finish unpacking the groceries and I allowed him to walk in.

He followed me to the kitchen and I asked him,"What're you doing here?"

He asked,"Why do you always ask me that? Is it wrong for me to stop by a few times?"

"It is when you try to fight my boyfriend. You gotta admit that shit you said to him was way over the line."

"Boyfriend huh?"

"Yes, boyfriend."

"Well it's no different from you tryna fight my fiance."

"Fiance huh? You finally proposed?"

He nodded,"Months ago."

I rested my elbows on the kitchen counter and asked,"Now what was it that made you so attracted to her Rodney? I feel like I at least deserve to know what she had that I didn't."

"I don't."

"You don't?"I crinkled my face," I mean I do recall being home alone all the time and having to go to all those baby classes without you while I was pregnant. After all, you WERE with her so I think I should know."

"Why do you have to make everything about you Mariah?"

"I do NOT!"I shrieked,"It's never about me Rodney, it's always about you!"

"If it's not you nagging about Christina then it's you reminding me of all the sacrifices you made for me. Just shut the hell up already! Damn."

"What did you come here for anyways? Did you wanna apologize for calling me a whore? It's been a minute now."

"No."

"No what?"

"No, I don't apologize for calling you a whore."he said matter of factly.

I laughed is disbelief,"What even gave you the impression that I AM a whore?"

"I've been seeing you, Tyson, and that guy-"

"Chris. His name is Chris."

"I've been seeing all of you guys all over television, magazines and I've even heard radio stations asking if Tyson is Chris' son and that he's writing you songs-"

"That's called a man. You should try to be one someday and maybe I won't have so much hate for you."I said bluntly.

"Wow"he nodded his head,"So that's all you've felt about me for me for all this while? Hate?"

"You damn right. I have no reason to smile in your face anymore Rodney. Money? I don't need it. I've got a job. Something you kept away from me for years. In fact, if you've checked the bank statements, I haven't touched your money in months and I don't plan to."