Chapter 29 | No Bullshit

Chris' POV

Thursday Night (Thanksgiving)

"Damn, I can already taste mama's pecan pie, cornbread, and all that stuffing inside the turkey. I'm bout to dive in!",I smiled as I parked my car in front of ma's house.

"Oh that sounds good!",Mariah said," I hope she made her cranberry sauce it always tastes like....heaven."

"I know!,"I chuckled.

I stepped out of the car then helped Tyson out from the back seat, "C'mon Little Man, we bout to get out grub on!"

I saw everyone else's car outside so I already know they'll be salty that we're late but it ain't my fault, it's Mariah's. She changed her outfit like six times before finally setting on a pretty I wrapped my arm around he waist and kissed her cheek,"You look nice."

"Thanks baby." She held Tyson's hand and we all walked up to the door and I rang the doorbell until mama opened it.

"Hey guys! You all look so cute, come in!",She smiled.

I gave her a hug and kissed her forehead,"Happy Thanksgiving ma."

"Thank you."

Mariah and Tyson hugged her and gave her their proper greetings then we made our way to the living room to where Michael, Chyna, King, Taylor, and Camille were sitting.

"Uncle Chris!",Camille shrieked and ran over to me.

I pick her up and attacked her face with kisses,"Hey girl! Did you miss me?"

She giggled and nodded,"When are you gonna put me in your music video?"

Everyone laughed and Taylor said,"Girl! You are four years old and you tryna be in a music video?"

Camille nodded with a serious face which only made me laugh harder,"Soon. You'll be the star."

"Good.",she smiled. I kissed her cheek again and set her down on the floor. Man, I love kids. Camille and Tyson are a pure example of what I want my future kids to be like, they're something special.

I went around the room and greeted everyone and I remembered tat Trey was the only one not here. I know Taylor is probably upset that he isn't here for the holidays but I understand from his point of view that he never really has a choice. To make it in any business really, you have to be willing to make sacrifice.

"Alright y'all let's get seated for dinner.",Mama said.

We all walked over to the dining room and I pulled out the chair for Mariah and my mom then sat next to Mariah. When everyone was seated, we grabbed each others hands and Mama said grace then we started tearing up the food.

"So Chris, the AMA's are in a few days. How's rehearsal?",Ma asked.

I chewed my food then swallowed,"Good. It's all good."

"What are you gonna preform?"Taylor asked.

"Mm, it's a surprise."I shrugged.

"New songs?",she asked.

"Yep, and an old one."I said then bit into my biscuit. I looked beside me and saw Mariah cutting up Tyson's food for him. She has no idea that Sunday, on live tv, in front of all of America, I'll pop the question. She just doesn't know. I chuckled to myself.

We all continued with small talk as we ate and once we were finished, I decided I had to tell my mom. I hope all goes well.

Ma was washing dishes in the kitchen with Chyna and I cleared my voice,"Hey mama, can we talk?"