Chapter 28 | No Bullshit

Chris' POV

"That one. How much?" I said pointing to the on the display case.

"This is a very fine choice Mr.Brown. We carry it in various sizes a-", the jeweler started to say.

"Yeah but how much is it?",I asked. It's the same with all these salesmen. They all wanna talk about the details of some merchandise but they never wanna say how much their shit costs.

"It sells for 150 thousand but I'll give it to you for 120 thousand only because I'm a fan of your music.",he smiled.

I nodded,"Thanks man." I handed the ring to Michael and asked,"Aye whatchu think bruh? You think Mariah will like this?"

"Yeah, you really ready to pop the big question though?",Mike answered.

I just nodded,"It's that time man."

"Does ya mama know?"

"Nah I haven't told her but she should be cool with it. She likes Mariah."

Michael stared at me blankly and then I said,"Okay, so she might not be.... cool with it at first but she'll warm up to it. You know what, I don't even care. I love Mariah and that's all that matters."

"Well you know I'm behind you no matter what, Chyna too."

I nodded,"Yeah I know. Thanks bruh." I took the ring from Mikes hands and looked at the jeweler and smiled,"I'll take it. A size four."

"Alright then. Will you be paying with cash or credit?",he asked.

"Cash."I said pulling out the backpack I brought with me and pulled out a bunch of stacks then handed it over to him. I came over to Mike's crib so Mariah wouldn't come home early from working out with Taylor and see me buying her this engagement ring. This is the same guy who sold Mike his rings so I figured he must be good too and decided to mine from him.

I've always known in my heart that Mariah Jeffries was the woman I wanted to marry. It just hadn't hit me until a few days ago at the wedding that it's time to hop into the next phase of my life and get married soon. I don't wanna be like a lot of those celebrities out there who wait until their almost thirty to settle down. I've been running around haring fun since I was like fifteen and I'm turning twenty five in a few months and I've been in a completely committed relationship with Mariah for almost a year. It's time.

I don't know exactly how I'm going to propose, but I do know that it has to be something big, nice, and extremely special. The jeweler placed the ring in a tiny black box and handed it to me. I looked at the ring one more time then placed it into my backpack. "Aight, I'm out. I got AMA rehearsals in an hour."I dapped up Mike and shook the jewelers hand grabbed my backpack and left the house.

Taylor's POV

Mariah and I decided to go on a hike for our work out today and it really gave us the chance to talk. She has been awfully quiet lately and I need to figure out what was eating her up.

As we walked up the hill I cleared my voice,"So, how's everything?"

"Good.",she said softly.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, what about you?"

"Well, things are kinda crazy with Trey having to travel all the time to preform and all that junk. I was kinda prepared for all of that because that's how things were with Chris but.....I guess it's different when it's your husband and not your brother."

"Is it hard?"she asked.

"What?"

"You know, practically raising Camille by yourself when he's gone and not having him around as often."