Chapter 12: Hated

<{*Phil Lester*}>

"So, how did filming go?" Chris asked, walking by Phil's side through the school gates.

"Good, great actually. It was fun!" Phil beamed, recalling everything that had happened over the weekend.

Dan had stayed over the whole time, until he went home on Sunday evening. Sunday was just spent editing again and chilling out - watching TV and all that. Of course though, the kiss was the best bit, coming up in second the moment the two confessed to each other. Promising that they wouldn't speak a word of it during school hours in case someone heard. Swearing to each other that they would act how they usually did so people didn't get suspicious.

"Wow, really? So Dan hasn't hurt you or been violent or anything?" Chris' eyes widened curiously, the two stopping by a tree outside the front doorway to the school.

"Well he kinda kneed me in the stomach-" Phil remembered the promise he made Dan, rapidly trying to think of something before Chris could ask something like 'How?' or 'Why?' , "It was a long story..."

Chris nodded suspiciously, "Speak of the devil..." He nodded his head towards the big doors, where Dan appeared. His bandana covering his mouth, leather jacket instead of his blazer, black studs - he was back to normal.

"Hey Dan!" Phil waved, drawing his attention to him. Dan saluted back, before directing his attention to his phone and hiding in the shadows of a tree.

"Anyway, it's the Year 7's charity week! Little birdy tells me they're doing a bake sale today." Chris pointed towards a childish bake sale poster on one of the windows.

"Sounds tasty!" Phil rubbed his hands together. Like most people, Phil loved cake. But when it came to things like school bake sales, he was intrigued to know what people could create.

"Hey boys!" Cat chirped, walking up to them with her best friend Amber. Chris began chatting with the two, but Phil stayed silent.

DING! *New message*

"Was that your phone or mine?" Chris turned back to Phil.

"Mine." Phil answered, digging in his blazer pocket for his phone.

Dan: You're actually excited for the Year 7's bake sale?

Phil looked up at Dan from the message, Dan doing the same thing. Phil grinned, lightly chuckling under his breath. He began to type back.

Phil: Why are you listening to our conversation?

Dan: Cuz you're speaking rather loudly, I can hear you from here. Just answer my question.

Phil: I like seeing what designs people can come up with!

Dan: Not as much as you like eating every fucking thing...

Phil chuckled out loud.

"What you laughing at?" Cat queried, tilting her head to the side.

"Oh uh...nothing. Just a text." Phil shrugged his shoulders.

"Off who?" Cat walked towards, attempting to swipe the phone out of Phil's grip. Phil rose the phone up into the air, completely out of her reach.

"That's none of your business.." He smirked. Cat huffed, and placed herself back next to her best friend's side.

Dan: What the hell was that all about?

Phil: Cat's just being nosy.

Dan: Nerd