Chapter 5: Fall

<{*Phil Lester*}>

"Dan Howell...You are one cheeky ba-" Phil almost cursed, but stopped himself before he did.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his head. Then Phil began thinking deeper...

'What was Dan thinking about?'

Shaking it off, he bounced off the side of the tree and left for his friends.

<{**}>

Phil wandered around school, peaking into all the classroom windows - he had a free period so it was alright for him to do so. Before long, he was walking through the Science block. There were four floors to the Science block, unlike the rest of the school, which had three.

The class he was looking for though, was on the top floor.

Jumping two - sometimes three - steps at a time, it didn't take him too long to reach the fourth floor. Still made him tired every single time he went up nonetheless.

"Jeez...4 and a half years of climbing those stairs and I'm still not used to them..." Phil breathed, placing his hands on his knees, "...Glad I've got long legs."

Phil strolled up to the window and peered in silently. No sign of him. No sign of Dan.

'He's supposed to be in this class, isn't he?'

Phil shook his head, twisting around and heading back down the stairs. He needed to find Mr Hayes - to check if Dan was actually supposed to have class instead of a free period.

Around 5 minutes later, Phil spotted the Head Teacher in the Art corridor. Also wandering around the school, checking up on the classes. Just, why was he in the Art corridor?

"Mr Hayes?" He yelled, jogging towards the teacher.

"Ah, Mr Lester! How can I help you?" Mr Hayes asked enthusiastically.

"I was just wondering, is Dan Howell supposed to be in Science D2 right now?" Phil stopped, out of breath.

"If I remember correctly, yes, he is. Why? Is he not there?" Mr Hayes raised an eyebrow.

"Nope." Phil replied honestly.

"Well, that's no surprise, is it?" The Head Teacher placed his hands on his hips.

Phil chuckled, shaking his head, "I'll try and find him, you have a nice day, Sir!"

"You too, Phil."

Phil skipped off, half jogging - 'Now, if I were Dan, where would I go...'

The roof.

He jogged towards the stairs, his navy blue galaxy backpack bouncing on his back as he did.

"He's bound to be on the roof, I mean...where else would he be? Unless he's just aimlessly walking around school...maybe that's why My Hayes was going around - because he knew Dan wouldn't be in class." Phil rambled on to himself, picking his phone out of his pocket and slowing to a walking pace when he got to the last floor.

12:17

Lunch began at 12:30. Phil shoved his phone back into his blazer pocket and carried on towards the staff corridor. The staff corridor was where the staff room, the staff kitchen and the staff bathrooms were. It was a dead end corridor. At the end was a door, behind it a spiral staircase going up to another door on the roof. Both doors were kept unlocked, yet it was forbidden for any student to go up there; apart from Head Boy, Head Girl, the prefects. Even some teachers weren't allowed up there.