Chapter 21: High

WARNING - ;););)

June 11th - Dan's 16th birthday

Dan woke up, the sun peeking through the bedroom curtains and lighting up the room. At first, he was a little disorientated, but when he sat up he knew what was going on. It was his birthday. His 16th birthday.

Phil was sound asleep next to him, the little angel curled up into a ball with his chequered bed sheets wrapped around him. His jet black hair was messy and he had his hands covering the lower half of his face, making Dan's heart melt.

Though Phil's digital clock showed it was only half eight, Dan got up as silently and carefully as he could, tip-toing down the stairs and into the living room.

It was only an hour later that Adrian rushed downstairs, Phil in tow. The little one sped into the room, leaping on his big brother who was sat on the sofa watching TV.

"Woah!" Dan exclaimed, catching his brother in his arms and cuddling him back.

"Happy birthday, Dan!" Adrian cheered.

Dan was a little flabbergasted - he didn't expect anyone would remember. After all, he's never really had a proper birthday and is near enough seen as a literal shadow to everyone he's ever met. His parents didn't care, and the last thing he'd expect was a 6-year-old to remember the day.

"Happy birthday, Spaniel." Phil grinned, plonking himself on the area of empty couch next to the brothers.

"Thanks guys.." Dan chuckled.

"Can we throw you a birthday party?" Adrian wondered, excitement flickering in his hazel eyes.

"I'm 16, I think I'm a bit too old for a birthday party." Dan smirked.

"You're never too old for a birthday party!" Adrian whined.

"Yeah, Dan." Phil chimed in, "Come on, it'll be fun. We don't have to invite anyone - the three of us can have a great day together.."

"Yeah!" Adrian nodded.

"...Go on then.." Dan yawned.

"Yaayy!" Adrian squeaked gleefully, jumping down from Dan's lap and rushing to the door, "I'm going to get Phil's mum up so we can go shopping!" He exited the room and the two teens were left together as they could hear him gallop up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~

Noon - Phil's mum and Adrian were out getting cake, treats and other things for Dan so they could celebrate. Meanwhile, Dan and Phil were in the kitchen, messing around as they usually did when they were bored.

"You hungry?" Phil had asked, and was now preparing strawberries and melted chocolate; the cliché romantic dessert.

Dan was perched high on a counter-top opposite where Phil was, on his phone while he waited. It took a few minutes, but eventually, Phil had finished preparing and was now stood in front of the curly, dark brunette-haired boy.

Dan placed his phone by his side, reaching for a chocolaty strawberry from the plate, but was denied by Phil shifting the plate backwards. He smirked, holding the plate of deliciousness just so it was out of Dan's reach. Phil picked up a strawberry and ate it right in front of him.

"Phil! You can't just do that," Dan whined, giggling slightly, "give me a mother-fucking strawberry!"

Phil laughed, picking up another. Instead of eating it though, he held it in between his thumb and index finger.

"Open!" He commanded.

Dan huffed jokily, "Are you seriously going to feed m-"

"Open, come on!" Phil repeated.