Chapter 10: Fate

Dan's fury was quick to drain from his body, in awe that Phil would do such a thing. As if the rest of his body was paralyzed, he rose a hand to his now red-stained cheek. His jaw ached dreadfully. In a way, Dan was glad Phil punched him; it knocked the insanity straight out of him. Still, he couldn't believe Phil did it. Was this what he was really like? Or was there the possibility he had two sides to him - just like Dan himself.

Maybe he had more in common with Phil than he thought.

Either way Dan thought about it, he couldn't shake off one lingering concept...

'You did this to him.'

Phil took a deep breath, his insanity draining by the second also. "I'm sick of you, Dan. I'm not going to be made a fool of myself and be made to feel small and insecure just because that's how you really feel..."

"Phil...It's just-"

"No, it's my turn to speak for once - and don't even think about saying 'You don't get it' or something because that's not true. My life's not been the most amazing beforehand but, unlike you, I haven't let my troubles get the best of me!" Phil shouted down at the slightly smaller boy.

Dan stayed silent.

'How does it feel to be the one getting shot down? Not too fun, is it pipsqueak?'

"Dan, I'm glad I read those messages - but I know for a fact that mustn't even be half of the things you've been put through up to now. That's why I want to get to know you - so I can help..." Phil put on a much calmer tone, a tiny smile on his face.

"...Why would you even want to help anyway?" Dan asked rather sulkily.

"Because I know what it's like to be lonely...trust me, Dan, I've been through it all. And as corny and cheesy as it sounds, it does get better! You just need what I didn't get for a while - someone to help you..." Phil murmured kindly.

"Alright..." Dan plastered on a small smile to match Phil's, "Whatever.."

<{*Phil Lester*}>

Phil woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. Digging under his pillow and pulling it out to reveal it was Chris. Chris was one of the prefects - a tall, funny and handsome boy with messy brown hair.

Phil swiped the call, putting the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" He spoke groggily, suddenly remembering the boy sleeping soundly next to him and clasping his hand over his mouth.

"Hey Phil, I was just wondering if you wanted to go somewhere today." Chris addressed him nicely.

"Can't today, I'm doing that challenge with Dan..." Phil croaked quietly.

"Oh, he's actually co-operating with you?" Chris asked in a cautious tone.

"Yup, although he's sleeping at the moment." Phil sat up properly, crossing his legs and looking towards Dan. He was actually really...cute when he was asleep. His chocolate brown hair was even curlier than before, covering a good 25% of his face as he slept like a soft, little baby.

Phil smiled. He'd never seen someone who was so dangerous be so peaceful and sweet while they slept.

"I'm guessing that's the reason you're whispering then...Anyway, that's alright, I'll just do something with Pj." Phil widened his eyes then - Pj was a delinquent, he didn't expect Chris to be hanging out with him, "I guess I'll message you later then or something?" Chris continued.

"Yeah, sure." Phil nodded.

"Oh and, just saying, be careful - you know - with Dan..." Chris warned, "He could snap at any time, just ask Peej..."