Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Alex kept running for what seemed like hours. Her adrenaline was pumping and her heart was going two hundred miles a hour. The sweat was pouring off of her face.

Alex's POV:

It was pitched black when I had stopped running to catch my breath. I didn't recognize where I was. I heard a loud barking sound and nearly jumped out of my skin. I turned around and a large, brown dog came charging at me. I stood pthere frozen not knowing what else to do. Its enormous pearly whites became visible. I closed my eyes, coward and. braced for the impact.

Sharp pain came piercing through my skin, I screamed and pulled my hand away from the dog's teeth. My hand was oozing blood.

"That's a good boy." A familiar voiced said from the shadows. It was Jason. I bolted and actively tried to ignore the pain in my hand. The blood dripped from my hand despite my efforts to cover it up with my one good hand. I am not going down like this!

As if I've seen the light, a police station was two feet ahead of me. I ran into it knowing well Jason wouldn't dare go in.

"Darling! What are you doing? I was just going to get the first aid kit and you ran off." Jason said, sickly sweet.

"What's going on here?" A police officer said, smiling at me.

"My girlfriend hurt her hand." Jason lied through his teeth. Oh, please don't believe him.

"I'll fix that right up!" The police officer said, completely oblivious to the fact that the world's most wanted criminal was standing right in front of him. Are you kidding me?

He smirked at me knowing there was no way I could get out of this. I think I died a little on the inside.

A/N: Hey! How are y'all? I hope y'all had a great week. Thank you for reading this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment on it!