The Necklace part 2

Yuugi and Yami finally went back inside the palace.

"Where are we going to now, Yami?" Yuugi asked.

Yami smiled. "I don't know, and I honestly I don't care as long as I am with you." Yami answered.

Yuugi shook her head. "You're hopeless, you know that." Yuugi said.

Yami smirked. "Well, you shouldn't have made me fall hopelessly in love with you then." Yami answered.

"I don't think that I had anything to do with that. You let that happen on your own, and I didn't do anything to encourage it. You do remember that neither of us wanted to have someone throw themselves at us. You fell in love with me on your own." Yuugi told him.

"Okay. So maybe I did, but it doesn't mean that I don't like it. There's not another woman that would be able to take your place in my heart." Yami said, leaning down and kissing her.

"Likewise." Yuugi whispered when Yami pulled back.

It was then that someone came up to them, ruining their peaceful moment.

"Excuse me." a female voice said.

The two looked to see a brunette with blue eyes standing there.

"Yes. What is it?" Yami asked.

"I would like to speak with you, Prince Yami. Alone." she said, glaring slightly at Yuugi.

Yuugi wasn't intimidated by this look.

"Anything you have to say to me can be said in front of Yuugi, Hasina." Yami informed her.

The woman , Hasina, was obviously displeased by this fact. "I would rather speak with you alone, Your Highness." Hasina said.

Yuugi was in no mood for an argument. "Yami, I believe that I will go and see Anzu for a little while." Yuugi said.

Hasina's eyes widened at hearing Yuugi use Yami's name.

"All right. I'll join you in a little bit." Yami replied.

Yuugi, deciding to show Hasina since she had a good idea why Hasina wanted to talk to Yami, leaned up and kissed him before she walked off.

"Why did you let her do that?" Hasina asked.

Yami turned to her. "Hasina, what Yuugi does is of no concern of yours." Yami told her.

"She kissed you and called you by your name." Hasina said.

Yami sighed. "Hasina, I know you have my best interest at heart and are concerned with the decorum if the palace, but Yuugi had my permission to call me by my name, and she kissed me because she belongs to me." Yami said.

"Yours? What do you mean?" Hasina asked, her eyes narrowing.

"Hasina, I know good and well that you have always strived for your daughter to marry my or Atemu, but I ma afraid that will not happen. Atemu has found love with Heba as I have found love with Yuugi." Yami said.

"I see. Is she worthy of it, though?" Hasina asked.

"Hasina, Yuugi is of the right status. She is of the Mutou household, and there is nothing ill in her reputation. In fact, she doesn't even have one." Yami said.

"I am just concerned that she is after you for your title." Hasina said.

"Hasina, Yuugi and I started off as friends. I ended up falling for her. Unlike most of the other ladies that I have come into contact with, Yuugi didn't throw herself at me. In fact, she never even hinted that she liked me in such depths until recently. There is no doubt in my mind that Yuugi is honest with her feelings. Besides, Anzu has already found love with Honda, and I don't think that she wants to lose him." Yami said.