The Celebration Ball

"I must say, Yuugi, you are very good at planning balls. The ball is still a few days away, and all of the plans for the ball have been made." Aknankanon said, rather surprised.

A ball had never been completely planned out days before the ball was scheduled to take place. The day of the ball was always when the last of the plans were made, but the ball was planned out several days before this time around.

Yuugi blushed lightly at the praise that Aknankanon had given to her. "Thank you, Pharaoh. I enjoy planning things out like this. I suppose that's why I was helpful in planning this." Yuugi answered.

"Helpful? Yuugi, you pretty much planned out this whole ball on your own within a time of four days. That's never been done before." Yami said.

Yuugi's blush deepened slightly.

"Well, if you enjoy planning balls so much, then I believe that you will do fine as the Queen because the Queen has to plan such events for the most part. I rarely do this." Aknankanon said.

"I don't think that I'll have to worry about that too much then." Yami said.

"I'm just glad I could help." Yuugi said.

"All that has to be done is have the food prepared and set in the ballroom, but that will be done the day of the ball. All else is done." Aknankanon said.

"Well, if you will excuse me, I have to go and see Hasina. She won't take kindly to my being late since she's the one doing me dress for the ball." Yuugi said.

"Of course, Yuugi. I understand." Aknankanon assured her.

Yuugi nodded and left to go and see Hasina.

"Yami, that is quite a girl that you will have as your wife." Aknankanon said.

"I know, Father." Yami answered.

"Tell me. What does the dress that Hasina is making for Yuugi look like?" Aknankanon said.

"I don't know. Yuugi won't tell me. Hasina doesn't want anyone to know, and Yuugi is keeping the secret." Yami answered.

Aknankanon sighed. "Hasina has always been like that. I guess that neither one of us will find out until the ball." Aknankanon said.

"I think that's the point. Hasina doesn't want anyone trying to copy the dress." Yami said.

* * * * * 

Yuugi knocked on a door.

"Come in!" a voice called.

Yuugi opened the door and walked in to find Hasina working on a dress. "Hasina, am I early?" Yuugi asked.

"Certainly not. Come in." Hasina told her.

Yuugi walked into the room and closed the door.

Hasina took a different dress down and handed it to Yuugi. "Try it on. I need to see if I need to hem it at all and make sure that it fits you perfectly." Hasina said.

Yuugi nodded and went into the connecting room to change into the dress that Hasina had given to her. Once the dress was on, Yuugi walked back out. "Hasina, are you sure that this dress isn't too fancy?" Yuugi asked.

Hasina smiled. "Fear not. I have asked Priestess Isis what she thought, and she agreed that the dress would be suitable for your ball. It is not too fancy, and this is your ball, so you should be the center of attention." Hasina said. She motioned for Yuugi to get up on the stool that was in front of her.

With Hasina helping her so that she didn't fall, Yuugi got up on the stool, and Hasina started to look over the dress and seeing what else needed to be done to it.