The Announcement

Aknankanon sat in a meeting with the council and the priests with Amara sitting beside him. He was listening to what was going on in his kingdom, although everything seemed to be fine for the most part.

"Pharaoh, there is one important issue that we must discuss." the head of the council said.

"Yes. What is that?" Aknankanon asked.

"The kingdom is slightly uneasy at the fact that Prince Yami has no lady with whom he has said he is with. It leaves the kingdom feeling slightly uncertain about the kingdom's future." the councilman said.

'More like the council is uneasy.' Aknankanon thought bitterly. He knew that the council meant well and that they only had the kingdom's best interest at heart. They were loyal to him, and that was something the comforted him. "My son has not made it publicly known yet, but there is a woman with whom is in a relationship with. He gave her the scarab necklace yesterday." Aknankanon said.

"Is this girl of the qualifications?" another councilman asked.

'More than that.' Seth thought, irritated. He knew there were standards, but it still irritated him that the council placed such standards on every single girl that came into contact with the Crown Prince.

"Yes. They want her identity to remain unknown for the time being. However, there is another meeting tonight in which you will meet her, and it will be announced to the kingdom tomorrow morning. She is a noble in rank, and there is nothing in her reputation which clouds any image of her. In fact, there is no reputation." Aknankanon said.

"Very well, Your Majesty. When will this meeting be?" the head councilman asked.

"It will be just before dinner." Aknankanon said. He stood, signaling the end of the meeting.

The council and priests bowed as Aknankanon and Amara walked past them.

The priests followed them out.

"It gets irritating the way they ask questions about Yuugi like that." Seth growled.

"I know that it is frustrating, Seth, but you and I both know that Yuugi has nothing against her. It will be fine. After they meet Yuugi, it will pass." Aknankanon said.

"You could see that they were relieved to hear that Yami has someone now." Eternias remarked.

"Why is it so important that Yami be married so fast? Yami doesn't have to married for several more years." Amara said.

"By law, yes, but the council wants proof that Yami intends to find a wife." Aknankanon said.

"Translation: They want to be certain that Yami isn't one who is going to end up wanting men like Atemu." Seth said.

"Yes." Aknankanon said.

Isis smiled. "There is no chance of that. Yuugi, after all, is a woman. I can attest to that." Isis said.

"Once they meet Yuugi, I know that they'll be satisfied. They have all seen Yuugi, so they know what her status is, and they will also know that Yuugi has no reputation that would darken her image in the eyes of the people." Karim said.

"The only thing about Yuugi's reputation is the fact that Mia made an attempt on her life. Once the council realizes that, I believe that they will have no problem with this pairing." Shada stated.

"Yuugi will make a fine queen should they reach that point." Mahado said.

"Why's that?" Amara asked.

Mahado smiled. "Because Yuugi is the complete opposite of Mia. If a servant burnt Mia's food, ran into her, or made a mistake around her, she'd have them whipped in a second. Yuugi just tells them to be more careful with what they are doing the next time." Mahado said.