Chapter 14

-Marshall Lee's POV-

"So everything is set for tomorrow?" I ask. The small creature nods and I nod back.

"My baby boy's birthday is coming up" Mom squishes my cheeks. "You left some extra fries for me right?"

"Yes Mom" I smile and take her hands in mine. "Please don't be weird around Y/n."

"I can't promise anything, love" She shrugs her shoulders and leaves me to help other creatures around with decorations. I shake my head and laugh. Even if it's a party for me, I didn't tell Y/n because I wanted it to be a surprise for her.

God I hope this goes well.

-Y/n's POV-

I just finished cleaning the rest of Marshall's clothes. I fold them neatly and set them on his bed. Marshall said he's gonna be out for a while. I don't know how to say goodbye.

"BMO, how should I say goodbye?" I look at BMO and he just shrugs at me. "I mean I don't really have to say goodbye right?"

"Don't do that, Y/n" BMO frowns. "What are you going to do with those letters and pictures?"

"I'm going to ask PB to help me figure them out" I say. "I just... don't know how to say goodbye, even if we didn't get so close or anything it just feels hard to go."

BMO sighs and I look at the clothes on his bed. I take his red and black plaid shirt and put it in my bag.

At least I'll have something from him.

I clean everything up and write a note on the desk. I leave to the house in the forest with BMO following. Taking one last look at the house, I sigh and keep walking forward.

-

"Finn?" I set BMO up and watch as Finn rubs his eyes and lights a candle up. "You don't have to stay up with me."

"Well I'm going to be seeing you soon," He says. "So might as well stay up."

I shake my head and smile a bit.

"Are you okay?" He asks. "Homesick?"

Homesick. I don't want to leave but I have Finn and Jake back in the other world.

"Yeah I am" I say. "Get some sleep okay?"

He shakes his head and tells me he'll only hang up when he sees me going through the portal. I sigh and nod.

"But you can sleep if you want" He says. I face BMO the other way while I change into a onesie Gumball had given me.

"Sorry I was just changing" I say facing BMO back. "But I'll stay up for a bit."

"Y/n..." He warns, but I wave it off saying I won't stay up too late. "Fine. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much actually" I say. I didn't want to think about this place anymore and miss it. "How about that swim when I get back?"

"Oh yeah!" His face lights up so much I think it may have blinded me. "I thought you forgot about it."

"How could I?" Well I kind of did but now that I'm talking to Finn everything is coming back to me about what I have back home. I guess I am homesick.

Finn looks to the side and slightly shrugs. I don't know if it's me or the camera but I think Finn's face is turning red.

"Is your face okay?" I ask. Finn nods and waves it off as just the heat of the night.

This is going to be a long night.

-

I slept an hour into the call and I woke up the morning to find Finn brushing his teeth.