Chapter 3

HE'S SO FUCKING FINEEEEEEEEE

Beckett's P.O.V

"That was really good. Is there a part two?" I question turning to Emitt when the movie ends only to find him curled up into a little ball, fast asleep with nothing but the faint sound of his heart thumping. "Emitt?" He doesn't move an inch, his eyes staying perfectly shut as his chest rose and fell slowly.

I contemplate waking him up but decide against it, it's still early so I didn't think he needs to be rushing home today, I could leave him to sleep and wake him later in the night. Deciding on letting him rest, I get up carefully, trying my hardest not to make a sound as I walk away leaving Emitt cuddling his bowl of popcorn as I make my way to the sparkling kitchen.

I could cook fairly well but I wasn't in the mood, I pop a frozen burrito into the microwave before sliding into my familiar stool. Waiting for it to warm patiently, I grab the note left today and throw it away without reading it. I knew what it was going to say and I wasn't in the mood to be dispirited. Once it's done, I grab my warm, small plate and head to my room to eat in the comfort of my bed. Changing once I'm there, I sit down on the large, king sized bed and instantly start stuffing my face while scrolling through my phone. I don't get through half of my nonexistent messages before my phone starts buzzing, I groan as I answer the call knowing who it was.

"Julian, stop using your mom's phone and just buy one!" I exclaim into the phone. It was getting ridiculous now, he was almost eighteen and still lived life without a phone. How? No clue.

"No thank you." He answers calmly. "I'm coming over." He finishes before hanging up making my eyes widen considerably as I choke on my burrito a little.

"Shit!" I groan to myself before rushing down the stairs and heading to where I left Emitt. I didn't mind being friends with him openly at all but I didn't know how he'd feel about it. It was no secret our best friends were enemies and I didn't know how Aiden would react and I knew Emitt valued their friendship the same way I did mine with Julian.

"Emitt!" I whisper quietly, he lays completely unaffected making me dance on my toes a little. "Emitt!" I groan pushing his side a little, the action makes him groan angrily as he swings his fist out. I miss it barely, managing to dodge what could've been a deadly punch. He shifts a bit before settling once again and sliding back into his deep slumber.

The fuck am I supposed to do now!

Hide him - Tobias fills in making me frown a little. You don't have time to contemplate it, just do it.

I'll just hide him. Yeah, hide him and when he wakes up we can talk about our peculiar situation. I grab my usual masking elixir quickly and douse the couch with a little before looking down at the hamster ball that was Emitt.

I had no choice but to move him, trying not to wake him up, I slide my arms carefully under him and pick him up. I look down at him in surprise as he mewls a little before shifting in my arms, he squirms a little before he settles with his head tucked under my chest. I snap myself out of the weird trance that took me after a while of just watching him sleep, I really needed to start talking to more people.
When I'm sure I had the all clear, I move quickly towards my bedroom before laying him down on the bed. He turns into the wall curling himself up into a ball again as I throw a blanket over him since there was AC up here.

I put a little of the elixir on him carefully before going back downstairs to get his things. I collect everything in a rush, grabbing his bag that was a slightly open making one of his books fall out. I groan angrily as I bend down and slip the book back in, my eyes catching a pink cloth inside. Lifting it out curiously against my better judgement, I hold up a large pink sweater that made my eyes widen.