Chapter 47

Beckett's P.O.V

"Here?!" I question in disbelief, Julian just nods. "To this pack?!"

"What other pack Beckett?" Julian asks sarcastically.

"Literally any other would be perfect." I say with a groan. "I can't believe they tried to go behind my back."

"Because they knew you'd react like this." He says calmly as he stood behind his desk.

"How else am I supposed to react?! Emitt and I finally are at a good spot, this could ruin everything." I say stressing my aggravation, he just shrugs in response. "And you said that they told you tomorrow?"

"Yup." He says popping the p. "Now can you leave before Aiden gets back, he's a bit pent up and won't stop because you're here."

"Jesus Christ Julian, we've talked about this. Too. Much. Information." I stress as I make my way to the door with frowning lips.

"Sorry not sorry." He says as he pulls off his shirt, already stripping in preparation. "Good luck." He says just before I slam the door, rushing to escape the room.

Making my way down the hallway with fast steps, I pulled out the new iPhone Emitt got for me. I told him I was fine with a flip phone but he insisted that I needed to be reintegrated into the world.
As I scroll through the list of contacts he placed in the phone, my ears twitch at the heavy steps that make their way towards me. Looking up my eyes widen at the sight of Aiden who was tugging his tie off, lust bouncing off of him in waves. Though, they alter when his eyes land on me and immediately fill with anger.

I knew he hated me.
I didn't care too much since it didn't affect me in the slightest, yeah I missed his company a bit but we were never extremely close. The only reason I even put up with his hate bullshit was because he was my Alpha and I wouldn't disrespect him in any way. There was also the annoying fact that he was Emitt's beloved best friend and his one wish was to see us on friendly grounds again.

"What are you doing here?" He growls as his steps slow down.

"Seeing my best friend. Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes. You know him?" I question with a smile that made him clench his fists.

"I liked you better when you didn't talk." He says emphasizing his last words.

"You wound me." I say in a slightly bored tone. I begin walking again but he grabs my wrist to stop me.

"The only reason you're still breathing is because of the two most important men in my life. If it wasn't for them, you would've be buried six feet under years ago." He whispers into my ear, knowing full well if he was just a bit louder Julian would hear him.

"That's good to know." I say trying not to sound too rude. I wasn't in the mood to get my ass kicked by my Alpha. "Though I could've sworn Emitt had a talk to you about backing off." I spit as I pull my wrist from his grip. "Too sweet to stay away?"

"Watch it." He growls his eyes glowing momentarily.

"Like you, I blamed myself for Emitt leaving. I took on the burden of being rejected from my mate, my pack, my friends and my family. I took it all so when you added yet another scar to my body, I didn't fight back." I say before stepping a bit closer so we were eye to eye. "But now, I will fight back."

"Is that a threat?"

"Yes." I say honestly.

"Loo-"