Chapter 44

I'm going home this Christmas, don't know whether that'll improve updates or slow them down even more.

Just a warning.

Emitt's P.O.V

I jolt up sucking a deep breath as I'm pulled out of a painful past memory and back to reality....which was not my room.

Where am I?

Looking around, the almost ancient furniture hints me to believe that it's Beckett's. All at once, yesterday's events flood my mind making me close my eyes tightly as my mind tries to decide between being happy or scared.

"Morning." I pop open my eyes to find Beckett walking towards me with two cups, one of hot chocolate and another of water.

"Hey," I say a bit quieter than I meant to, he hands me the hot chocolate that made my stomach growl. I take a big gulp of the liquid, ignoring the way it burnt my throat like hot coals, I needed to wake up.

"How do you feel?" He asks wearily, still keeping a comfortable distance between the two of us.

"Fine," I say making him nod to himself as he sips on his water. An alarming silence takes the room as we look at anywhere but each other.

"I meant it." He says suddenly making my eyes jolt up to him. "Everything I said last night, every word of it......I meant it."

I feel my heart squeeze itself at his words as he sits next to me on the edge of the bed. Setting down his mug, he looks at me softly, not expectantly, he just looked at me and waited for a response.

"....me too," I reply before sitting up a bit more. His eyes take flame as he looks at me, hope and love sparking in him like lightning.

We both linger momentarily before leaning forward hesitantly, our bodies drawn to one another with need and love that had been denied for too long.
Our mouths hover nervously between each other, lips brushing slightly as our breathing began to stagger.
With my heart beating like a bass drum I press my lips to his. It was different than I remembered, my heart soared with joy as I welcomed the new influx of nerve jerking emotions that I wasn't used to.

I push forward a bit without thinking, letting my instincts lead me through a dance I seemed to have forgotten. Beckett's hands cup my cheek ever so lightly that I can't help but hum in contentment at the electric glow that ran through my veins.
Pulling apart all too quickly, the space between us remains bijou. With staggered breathes and racing hearts, our eyes meet.

"I missed you so much." He groans against me as he grips my skin with eyes that showed his pain, pain I was the cause of. I lean into his hand as we force ourselves to keep a lid on our budding emotions.

"I shouldn't have gone," I admit as I lean against him, lifting my hands to his hair, letting my fingers slip into them.

"I shouldn't have let you go." He counters before pressing a light kiss to my forehead before resting his to mine.

"What does this mean?" I question with a strained sigh as I soak in the glorious feeling of having him so close after spending years apart. "For us?"

"I know we still have some things to work on but, I love you and you love me. That's all that matters." He says firmly, his words flying freely as he leaves his heart open for me. "That's all that matters."

".....what about the bond?" I ask hesitantly as he pulls me into a tight hug, my chin resting on his shoulder as we grilled each other's warmth.

"We loved each other before the bond and we still do without it, we'll be fine." He says simply making my heart swell with confidence. "I want this Emitt, I want you."