Chapter 26

Beckett's P.O.V

"Do you want to go somewhere with me after school?" I question as Emitt unbuckles himself with a blank face.

"I'm meeting Mickey, so no." He says glancing at me. I sigh as I watch him gather his things before he turns to face me, I lean in to kiss him but he turns his head so my lips connect with his cheek instead. I kiss it nevertheless before pulling back wanting more. "Bye."

"Bye." I whisper as the door slams in my face. I groan loudly after a moment of silence as I grip the steering wheel tightly.

Emitt was mad.

He so irrefutably mad at me that it made Tobias whine painfully whenever he gave us the cold shoulder. He wasn't avoiding me or even ignoring me which made it so much worse, he talked to me but with no joy, no emotion. Plus, he didn't allow any intimacy between us which was killing me more than I thought it would.

I couldn't be mad at him for it though. My unwillingness to open up about my parents was creating distance between us that I wasn't fond of at all. But how on earth could I tell Emitt that my parents were apparently homophobic when we were in a homosexual relationship, it'd kill him. He was only now starting to really open himself up more and smile more, the information would tear him apart.

After Emitt left my house that day, Jack told me my parents called him about arranging a trip to scout for my mate as soon as possible. They heard that I hadn't found my mate and were quick to act on the information that they found undoubtedly embarrassing. Most high ranking wolves did these mate trips after a couple months, not after a week. But leave it to my parents to act immediately.

I didn't know what to do. Of course I couldn't go on a trip to look for a mate that I already had, but I couldn't tell them about Emitt. They'd hate me and I wasn't ready to take that on, as much as they'd changed, I still loved them. They were my parents and I knew they sacrificed a lot for me. Before Emitt came along all I ever aimed to do was please my parents, but with a mate they'd probably want me to reject, it was proving to be difficult.

Jack didn't have any solutions for my dilemma. He knew how much I cared about my parents and how much I love Emitt as well, his only words of advice was to choose the one who truly loved me.

I knew he meant to pick Emitt. He'd made it perfectly clear over the years that he had an extreme disliking towards my parents, especially my mother. He claimed it was her infectious ways that changed my father, but I didn't believe that. They changed together, but he said different. He always said that if it came down to it he'd always have my back, no matter the situation and was happy to take me in. I truly appreciated it but I wasn't going to disown my parents for no reason.

So I didn't know how to mend the broken bridge between Emitt and I.

My souls leaves my body at the alarming knock on my window that takes me by complete surprise. I look out with shaky eyes to find a laughing Julian who was doubled over heaving in amusement.
I tried to catch my breath while he continued to laugh loudly, the sound filling the entire car park, I get out the car when he was recovering.

"You scared the shit out of me." I say nudging him angrily.

"Sorry Beckett." He says giggling as he slings his arm around my shoulder making my eyes widen in surprise. He seemed to hate it whenever I touched him so this was truly surprising, I don't comment though and just walk with him still smiling widely while nodding lightly to those who greeted us.
Ever since Aiden and Julian started dating, Julian's popularity had blown up. Not because people were now noticing him, because he was suddenly approachable with Aiden. He was no longer snapping at people but smiling at them, which really was a big change.