Perfect Storm: 25

"Did you cook?" Camilla inquired curiously as she walked around Storm's kitchen.

It was an open plan, showcasing both his living room and kitchen as one. He had a beautiful set of granite counters that were sparkling clean – one thing she found out at that moment was Storm was a very organised cook. Even as he cooked, he tidied up, which ensured his kitchen was immaculate. Camilla was the opposite, she let everything pile up until the end, much to her own amusement.

She glanced towards his windows and noticed the balcony they'd been on in the first night. She hadn't been there since, not with everything that had gone on, but Storm had the shutter open tonight. The cold air filtered in and wrapped around her limbs, but with the heat that arouse from the kitchen, the actual room wasn't very cold.

Storm was by the stove, stirring a pot of what smelled like pasta. Things were still a little tense between them, because as much as the conversation was needed, it had changed things. She and Storm didn't agree on the same things, but they still wanted to give things a go – she wasn't sure whether in the long run that would be a good idea or not.

"I did," he answered and smiled briefly at her, before resuming his stirring. "I made pesto pasta. I'm just heating it through because I cooked a little early."

Camilla slowly walked over to him and watched him for a minute, at the strain in his forearms as he stirred. At the slight burrow of his brows. She'd done that. But she couldn't change how she felt, it wasn't right to both of them if she suddenly agreed to what he wanted. She cared for him, she knew that, but she wouldn't change herself for him. "When I first met you," she stated in the air suddenly. "I thought you were ridiculously attractive and then you spoke, and I think I melted right there for the very first time. And over time, I've come to ask myself why you even want to be with me. Not because of my looks. But because of how complicated things have been from the start,"

Storm's hand stilled on the stirring. He took the pot off of the hob and switched the oven off, all the while remaining silent. She suspected that he was thinking during this time. He wasn't the type of person to simply say things for no apparent reason. He contemplated before it. "I knew from the moment I met you that I'd like you," he admitted, but didn't look at her. "Craig spoke about you all the time, so it was hard not to. Except when I met you, you were different. A lot more closed off than your brother had said but fuck, I was attracted to you. I couldn't help myself and I still am. After all of this, of course I still bloody care because I just have a good feeling that we're good for each other,"

He turned to her at that point, his arms around his chest once again. Camilla felt unbalanced, unsure on what to do and say. She hadn't been in a situation like this and a part of her knew that letting him go would be better. But she didn't want to, as selfish as that was.

"We are good for each other." That's all she said, all she could say. She hadn't had the opportunity to be there for Storm yet, but when it came to it, she knew she'd be the first person there. Just like he had been for her.