Chapter 16. Dan? Is that really you...?

Chapter 16

We were all in the office waiting. My phone was ringing i looked and it was Gavin, “Hey love” i answered. “We’ve got Dan, we’ll be there in 20 minutes or so” Gavin said. “Kay, cya in a bit” i said and put the phone down. “They’ll be here in 20 minutes” i said. “So, what will i say to him when he comes?” Livvy asked. “Just greet him like normal and you’ll have to talk to him explaining that you are pregnant and have been married for a good 5 months” i said. “Okay” Livvy said and nodded. “What if he tries stuff on?” Caleb asked. “Just push him away and tell him to fuck off and come to me or get Gav to come and get him” i said. “Okay, got it” Livvy said and sat with Caleb who held her hand.

We were outside and then Ray turned into the car park. He went to park his car then the three of them came walking up. “Hey Dan!” i called and he waved. They got to us and we all hugged Dan. “Let’s go back inside” Geoff said and we all went into the office. We all got talking to Dan and i saw Livvy kept looking away from him. Dan didn’t really say much to Livvy and i was surprised.

Later on Livvy was talking to Dan and i saw they went outside. She must have gone to tell him about Caleb and how they can’t be. After about 10 minutes Livvy walked in but she didn’t come into the office, she must have gone to Caleb. Dan came into the office and sat on the sofa. “You okay, B?” Gavin asked. “Yeah, i just wished i made a move sooner” Dan said. “We all make mistakes” I said and then Ray came over and sat with him and put an am round his shoulder. “I’m here buddy” Ray said. I got up and left the office and i went to find Livvy. I got to the kitchen and saw her sat down eating ice cream. “Craving?” i said and sat down opposite her. “Yeah” she said and out some in her mouth. “What did you saw to Dan?” i asked. “I told him i got married to Caleb and then we had a child and i showed him my belly” she said and had more ice cream. “He also said how he loved when he would talk to me and be able to hold a good conversation” she said. “I said I’m sorry and he accepted he’s just a bit down” she said. “He’ll get over it, he has Ray” i said Livvy finished her ice cream. “I just feel so shit” Livvy said. “I would too...” i said. “I told him he’d find love one day and i gave him a hug and he cheered up a bit” Livvy said and i nodded. “He’ll get over it as i said” i said. “I’m going to sit with Caleb” Livvy said and got up. “I’ll walk you” i said and we went to his desk. She sat with him and i smiled and then left. I went to the office and got on with some edits.

Later on in the day; “Love? Em!” i heard and shot up awake. “I wasn’t asleep” i said letting my eyes adjust to the light. “Okay, i wanna show you something” Gavin said and pulled me up. “What?” i asked. We left the office and i saw Ray and Dan holding hands in the kitchen. “Oh, oh wow” i said shocked. “Yeah” Gavin said and we went back into the office. “Would they?” i asked. “I mean, Ray would be there for Dan if he was upset or angry” Gavin said. “True, i mean... them two in a relationship like that?” i said and yawned. “Odd” Gavin said and pulled me in for a hug. “What you two talking about?” Michael asked coming into the office. “Ray and Dan” Gavin said. “Oh yeah, they’re like holding hands” Michael said. “That’s what we’re talking about” i said and sat at Gavin’s desk. “I always thought about them two when Dan ever came here” Michael said and took a bite into his wrap. “I’m gonna walk in and talk to them, see what’s going on” Gavin said and left the office. “Have fun!” Michael called and i lay my head on Gavin’s desk. “Tired Emz?” Michael asked. “Mmmmm” i said. “Not long till the end of the day” Michael said. “You seen my brother?” i asked. “Yeah Ryan is editing at his desk” Michael said. “Kay” i mumbled and closed my eyes. “Hey Michael” Geoff said. “Shhh, tired” i said. “Sorry” Jack said and i got comfy. I closed my eyes and fell into a calm sleep.