Chapter 11

I pleased him. His expression seemed satisfied in the way I said his name with his eyebrow popping up and his smile shifting slyly. Our eyes were locked in that brief moment; breaking when Luke spoke up from where he sat next to Ashton. “So how did you meet Calum?” I looked to Luke who was still staring at the television.

Glancing at Calum as Calum glanced at me I smiled, “He happened to be at this stupid party I went to with this guy…” Rolling my eyes I looked over to Luke and Ashton. Ashton looked like he was listening more than Luke. “He and Michael were there and I needed a ride home… Calum offered…” I gave a shrug, not quite knowing how to explain how our friendship budded. Oh wait. It started when Calum said ‘My friend thinks you’re hot!’. This made me smile.

Luke pulled his attention away from the television to look at me. He really did have gorgeous eyes. I was a sucker for bright eyes. “Oh cool.” He stated and nodded. Looking to Calum he asked, “Was that the party you and Michael tried to drag Ashton and I to?” Calum nodded before shaking his head. I guess Calum didn’t enjoy the party either.

“Who did you go to the party with?” Ashton asked, staring at me, and leaning slightly over the arm of the couch so he was leaning closer to where I was sitting with Calum. As Ashton asked the question his face seemed to twist slightly, eyebrows starting to furrow, and forehead scrunching as if he was concerned or angry.

I was silent. Luke was staring at me, Calum was staring at me, and Ashton was staring at me. I looked away from Ashton for a moment, and down into my lap. “Uhhh.” I managed to say before looking back up to Luke and Ashton, “I went with a friend who is friends with Adler—er—the guy who hosted the party.” Luke watched me talk and looked to Calum. They exchanged a face that was speaking more than their words could say to each other. Did they know Adler?

Ashton just blinked, he didn’t move. His body was still leaning against the armrest, and his eyes still glued on me. “What’s your friend’s name?”

“Harrison… Harrison Bennett.” I stated almost instantly after. I don’t even think it mattered to them.

Seeming unpleased with my answer Ashton shifted in his seat and sat back against the couch, arm on his armrest instead of his bodyweight. He looked away from me and stared at the television. “Huh.” He opened his mouth and let the noise exit through his exhale. He looked like he was in thought rather than watching the show. Letting his head turn he looked at me again, “Never heard of him.” Wow, that didn’t surprise me. His eyes then glanced over my body from my feet up to my eyes.

A door opened. It was across from where I was sitting on the couch, and behind another couch that looked more like a love-seat. It connected the garage to the house. Michael was standing there in the open doorway, wearing a long sleeved knit sweater that covered up the tattoos that traced on his arms, but still exposed the ones on his fingers. His hair was standing up in different directions, looking like bed head, and his eyes had dark circles underneath them. He smiled at me as he stretched, bringing his arms up over his head and exposing his stomach slightly. Letting his arms then drop he greeted me in a hoarse voice, “Well look who it is!” I lit up a bit, feeling happy to see his familiar face. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Ashton look at me with a fallen expression. Michael closed the door and walked over to the spot next to Luke. He plopped down and stared at the screen.

Luke looked over to Michael, “You’re up early.” He stated. It was after noon… Michael looked to Luke with a smile, biting on his tongue that was pressed against his cheek. His green eyes shifted over to me then back to Luke with raised eyebrows. Luke chuckled and spoke in a low voice, “I got it.” Luke looked back to the screen.

There was a long dull in the conversation. At this point I caught on to what was happening on the t.v. show. It was funny. I liked it. Calum stood up and walked over towards the entrance of the garage. Reaching he grabbed something. I looked, but didn’t process. Ashton knew what was going on and stood up to walk over to where Calum was. Ashton was shorter than Calum, but not by much. He was wearing tight, dark pants, and a t-shirt with rolled sleeves. He reached down and grabbed a board. Now I processed what was going on: Calum was holding a skate board tucked under his arm.