It's Not Insane (Pt. 1)

I can guarantee this: if I tell you every little detail about each individual research session and experiment, it will bore you to death. I know these things... I know how minds work, after all. Psychology.

So, why don't I just summarize what happened, instead?

After five years of trial and error, I finally invented a solution that would bring people back to life. I couldn't test it on actual people, of course, so I got special permission to take some dead rats and try it on them.

I recorded every fault with each trial, and did extensive research on how to fix each problem.

As I said, it took a long while.

Five years.

When it finally worked, the rats came back to life, and were behaving completely normal. I gave it some time to make sure there were no side effects.

Nothing.

The rats ate, drank, moved... everything. It was all normal.

Once I jumped over that hurdle, the "minor setback" came back to my mind.

How was I going to bring my son--whom died in a different dimension--back to life, when I couldn't even get to him?

That's when I got to thinking... I needed to find his alive friends for details. Of course, I hadn't met most of them personally. Thankfully, Sakutaro's photo album was a valuable resource to me. He was a very detailed captioner. It almost reminded me of a yearbook.

You know...

From left to right: Satoshi Mochida, Yoshiki Kishinuma, Ayumi Shinozaki, Mayu Suzumoto, Sakutaro Morishige (me, duh), Naomi Nakashima, Seiko Shinohara, Ms. Yui Shishido.

Jackpot, right?

I didn't know who all died, other than Sakutaro and Suzumoto, though...

I decided to just try to find the first one listed: Mochida.

And one day, I found him without even trying.