Why Mark?

Ethan's P.O.V of what happened in the last chapter

I woke up in a semi comfortable place. I looked at where I was and noticed I was in the nurses office. I sat up and coughed a little. I then noticed that mark was in there with me and he turned towards me. "You're awake!" He said. "Yeah... um...thanks for bringing me here." I said while looking around the room. I spotted my binder beside him and I began to panic due to the fear the he actually did take of my binder and not the nurse.. "Did you...take my binder off me?" I was shaking but I
hoped he didn't notice. "Yes, but before you say anything, I knew you aren't supposed to sleep in one and I didn't know how long you would be out. I didn't want you to have chest pains so I took it off you. However I looked away when I did so I didn't see anything." I let out a sigh of relief and looked at him. "Please don't tell anyone I'm trans. Please." I was terrified. What if someone starts to hurt me like everyone else has? I was watching for what Mark would say when I began to notice that his face changed from a look of concern to sadness"Mark! Are you ok?" I jumped up and went over to him. I pulled him into a hug in which he returned. I hugged him till his crying died down a bit. "I'm sorry," He said after he had stopped crying. "Mark what's wrong?" I asked while looking at him with a look of  confusion. "It's just that if you are so afraid of people finding out, I started to wonder what made you afraid in the first place. All of the scenarios that I thought of weren't pleasant which made me upset. I mean, you don't deserve to be hurt or anything bad for what you are. I'm sorry I'm rambling." By the end of his little speech I was in tears. "Mark... no one has every cared about me the way you do and we just meet!" I said while a few tears slipped from my eyes."Well what can I say," he said leaning into me. "I don't want anyone to be upset, especially someone who doesn't deserve it." I let a few more years slip. Who could someone i just met be kinder to me then my own parents are? It doesn't make sense. Mark then started to loom at me differently. It was like his eyes were staring right into my beaten and battered soul."Mark?" I questioned, but he kept staring. He then began to lean towards my lips. I started to lean in too, but before our lips could meet the bell rung. It was like he suddenly realized what he was doing because he jumped up and ran out the room. I was left there confused, sad, and utterly heart broken. "Did I do something wrong?" I questioned myself. I put on my binder and put on my hoodie. I pulled up the hood and went to math. I was hoping that jack wouldn't talk to me, but god was against me. "Ethan, what's wrong buddy?" I ignored him and put my head on my desk. I heard a ding and I knew that it was jacks phone. "Hey Ethan?" Jack tapped my shoulder. I peaked out my eye to see him. "What happened to mark? He just texted me and said he went home. Did something happen between you too?" I immediately put my head back to where it was and ignored him. I just want to go home.