The date pt.3

Marks P.O.V
We were on our way to the coffee shop when I saw the coffee shop. I spotted Dan and Phil with Jack and Felix. I also spotted Kat and Amy with Tyler, Bob, Pj, and Wade. There was also Ethan's new friend Miles. I also noticed a few of my other peers there, like Thomas, Dodie, Tyler O, Shane with his boyfriend and friends, and a bunch more I couldn't name. I suddenly got extremely nervous. I knew that this coffee shop was a fairly popular, but not this popular! I was already nervous to sing in front of Ethan, but now in front of most of the student body!? "Hey Mark," Ethan interrupted my thoughts. "Yeah?" I asked. "Are you ok? We don't have to be here if you don't like crowds." "If only i could leave." "No it's fine. Let's go see the squad." I said leading Ethan to them. "Hey guys!" I said stopping Ethan from saying anything about leaving. We got a chorus of Hey's and hi's back. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked hoping they wouldn't know i was singing. "Oh apparently they are having a very popular singer tonight. It was on their instagram." Amy said pulling out her phone showing me the post. It read: "Come to the Expresso Train tonight to watch an amazing performance from the up and coming artist from local high school "Youtube High School." Come out tonight to see who it is for yourself!" I was glad they didn't say my name, but I was still confused as to why all these people showed up. "So why is most of the school here?" I asked. "Because everyone wants to see who it is. No one has heard anything about who it could be and everyone wants to know." Dan said. My mouth went dry. "Seriously?" I asked. Dan nodded. "I'm excited!" I heard Ethan say. I smiled. I mentally prepared myself for what was going to happen in a few hours. "Hey I'll be right back. Gotta go to the bathroom." I said while walking away. However, I didn't miss Ethan's comment which was,"This is what happens when you chug a 72 oz slush!" I laughed and headed to the manager, Blake. I saw blake near the coffee bar talking to a blonde headed girl. "Hey blake," I said grabbing his attention. He turned around and smiled at me. "Hey Marky! You ready for sound check?" I shook my head. "What's wrong?" He said dropping his smile and wrapping an arm around me. "Why did you make that post?" I heard Blake sigh before walking back over to the bar. "Because Mark, I thought you deserved a bigger crowd then the regular 5 people. But Bell over here posted it everywhere instead of just the Facebook page. I didn't mean for so many people to show up. I know how much you hate big crowds. I'm terribly sorry." I sighed and looked at Blake. "It's fine Blake. But I don't want to do sound check. I'll just go up and perform when it's time." Blake nodded understandingly before grabbing Bell's hand. "Ok. Well we are going to do a sound check. Go get you a free coffee and such. Take whatever you want as an apology for what happened. I'll come to get you when it's time." I nodded and watched him drag Bell to do a sound check. I went behind the counter and got a coffee for all my friends. I walked back out with the coffees in my hands. Once they saw me with coffee, they ran to get theirs. "How much do I owe you?" Tyler said pulling out his wallet. "Nothing, It was free." Everyone's mouth dropped. "How?" Kat asked. "I know the manager." That wasn't a whole lie. I did know Blake. Blake was the person who got me to start performing when he heard me singing to myself. We then all went inside and found our seats. Luckily, the coffee shop was huge. I was talking to Ethan when Blake came up. I'm guessing he was planning on doing something mischievous because he had that look in his eyes. "Hey mark, the sound guy left so can you come and work the booth?' I see what he was doing, making it a surprise. "Sure," i said following him. "Alright everything is setup, and your guitar is behind the stage." I nodded as i followed him. I went behind stage to grab my guitar when I saw Bell. She wished me good luck as she went to go work the sound system. I tuned my guitar and sang a few scales. "You ready?" Blake asked. "As I'll ever be." With that Blake went out to the stage. I watched through the crack of the curtain Blake introducing me. "Guys, gals, and nonbinary pals! I present to you our up and coming superstar..." Blake then left the mic and opened the curtain.