Chapter 6-Incapable

I woke the following day wit mixed feelings, yes I was happy to leave the hospital but was his guestroom better than the hospital? The nurses gave me my medication to take home and took out the machines. I was now waiting for him to come get me when it hit me that I had nothing to change into. I asked the nurses for the clothes I wore that day. "That gentleman that comes see you took them the day you were admitted." I got so pissed. Why would he take my clothes and now I will leave in this hospital gown which barely covers anything. He was quickly becoming my least favourite person...

At nine a.m he walked into my room and he looked breath taking in suit pants and a tucked in blue shirt that brought out the colour of eyes. I was rendered speechless. He gave me a smile which melted all the anger and I smiled back like a teenage girl with a crush.

"Good morning, I'm glad you are in a better mood today."
"Well who wouldn't be happy to leave the hospital?"
"Here I brought you something to wear". He handed me a small bag, I was too busy checking him out that I did not notice him carrying it. "Thank you",I smiled truthfully thankful that I won't leave in a hospital robe. "I will leave you to change then".

I open the bag to find sweat pants, a hoodie and a mans T-shirt. The guy brought me his clothes to change in,great not only will I be living in his house but I'm in his clothes too. I felt like such a charity case, like I'm incapable of taking care of myself. I am so used to being independent and this was quite depressing.

By the time we got to his car my mood had already deteriorated. The drive to his place seemed to take long and I dozed off to sleep. I woke up later when I felt Mr Bloom nudge me gently to wake me up, I looked outside to be greeted by a beautiful modern day mansion. I started to feel uneasy about this and before I knew it he was already out opening my door for me. "Need help?", he asked giving me his hand. "No thanks", I replied hastily. I hated being treated like I was incapable of doing the smallest task of walking on my own, even the nurses had wheeled me with a wheelchair to the car (which I found to be an exaggeration and annoying). I got out of the car and my legs felt slightly weak and off tune (must be being in bed for so long), he walked to the house and I followed him. The pain in my chest and on my side where they had drained the internal bleeding was really bad. I really needed a hand but my proud self could not admit it, hopefully I will get to sit down soon.

"I will show you to your room", he said as we walked into the house. There was a spiral staircase which led to the the top floor I presumed, I prayed I did not have to walk up those in this state. We passed it,thank God!. As though he read my mind he said, "I asked Linda to prepare a room for you downstairs since your injured, to make it easier for you.".

We walked to this posh room which looked like a hotel room. "Hope this is fine for you",he said. I just nodded and sat on the comfy bed glad to be off my feet. He smiled, "I will leave you to settle in then". With that he turned and left. I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling and I wondered...Who the hell is Linda?