Chapter 16-Family

That night I could not sleep twisting and turning. I was one internship away from graduating and finding a great job, my life was on the right track. I couldn't help but feel that this living arrangement would try to ruin my future like how Bob nearly ruined my future. I could not let him close to me because I life has taught me that the closer people come to you, the easier it is for them to hurt you. I refuse to feel anymore pain.

I slept in the following day since it was Saturday. I doubted Mr Bloom would have any work for me, besides as usual, I could not face him.

I woke up at midday starving so I had a quick shower. When I left my room I was glad to find that the house was quiet. I made breakfast and cleaned up, afterwards I was bored so I decided to take a walk.

It was a gated posh neighborhood so the streets were quiet, neat and lined with the most beautiful of houses. I started to imagine myself living in a place like this,that's when I passed a house with children playing happily in the yard. I felt a pain in my heart, it hurt to think that having a house like these was possible but having a family was something I could never have. Feeling down I retreated back to the house.

I got there it was still quiet,I didn't mind since I was used to living alone before. I decided to watch some Netflix, I decided on The Walking Dead.

"Who the hell are you?", I woke up from sleep shocked (I had no idea when I dosed off),I looked up to see a pretty brunette staring down at me (literally and figuratively) and besides her was an older lady. " Now Stacy don't be so rude...", said the older lady probably in her forties but she still looked incredibly beautiful. "...,sorry to wake you dear but where is my son?". Wait what? Was this Bradley's mother? I quickly stood up.

"Uhm hi, I'm not sure where he went", I said feeling shy and out of place. The stuck up looking brunette kept eying me with a disgusted look on her face. Just as Bradley's mom was about to open her mouth, an older man walks him with a young boy (great more people). He seems stunned to see me to and exchanges looks with the lady I'm assuming is his wife.

" Hello young lady, I'm Mr Bloom and you are...?", he says extending his hand to me. "Luthando", I say.
" Well Luthando this is my wife and these two are my children",he says motioning at all three. I nod not knowing what to say. There is an awkward silence as they all stare at me awkwardly.

I am grateful when I see Bradley walking in thankfully everyone's attention pulls to him.

"Mom...Dad,what are you guys doing here", he asks shocked.
" Is that how you greet us?",his mom asks before pulling him in a hug. I just stand there awkwardly , I wonder if I can sneak away while they exchanging pleasantries.

I quietly walk away and just before I walk out the door I hear, "Luthando!". I freeze mid step and turn around to face Mrs Bloom,
" Uhm yes?", I reply.
"Where are you going? My son hasn't introduced you properly."
"No need Mother, she is just my assistant", Bradley said dismissively.
"Assistant? You over working the poor girl,what is she doing here on a Saturday afternoon? Go home and rest dear.", I did not know what to say to that statement so I just stood there dumbfounded.
"She lives here Mother,...", Bradley said calmly, "... Now let me find Linda so she can make us lunch I'm sure you guys are hungry."
"She lives here?", his sister asks in a disgusted tone. Now the whole family is staring at me. "Yes Brooke that's what I said now drop it!", he said angrily clenching his jaw.
His sister and everyone remained quiet after that,I took it as my cue to leave.

That was awkward I thought to myself as I retreated to the room.