CHAPTER 10-Bradley

Low and behold Mr Bloom had this model like chick pinned up on the wall,his hands racing through her body while their lips moved in a frenzy. I was stunned, I wanted to move away but my feet seemed to be stuck on the floor. I realised what a creepy sight I would be just standing there and staring at them so I quietly slipped away to the room. I don't know why buy it hurt to see him making out with someone, in the living room of all places. Who was I kidding though? I was not his girlfriend and he can do as he pleases at his own house. I couldn't stop thinking about the way he touched her, would someone ever touch me that way? Most likely not but that's OK its not like I want anyone anyways,I survive better alone.

I locked myself all afternoon till evening, supper time came and even though my tummy was grumbling I had no desire to dine with my boss and his just sexed girlfriend. I closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep, that trick helped on many hungry nights but not tonight. My mind was racing with thoughts. I wondered what are they up to now?, are they an official couple?, will she spend the night?. I wished I had internet access so I could at least Google him but I did not even have a phone since that night. That night I got shot ruined my life, I could be all alone in my apartment and not barricaded to my room while my boss made sweet love to his woman upstairs.

Moments later I heard a knock on my door,I stay silent hoping whoever it is will think I am asleep and go away. "Luthando, dinner is ready dear". I keep quiet hoping and praying Linda leaves. "I'm not leaving till you come out",she says as though she read my mind. "OK I'm coming, let me freshen up please". I hear her leave and get up wash my face in the in suite bathroom. I change into a baggy T-shirt and skinny jeans, at least I will look semi decent around them (even though I know I will be this charity case living in his house that his girl will look down upon). I tie my hair in a messy bun, put some powder on and a little bit of lip gloss. Satisfied with the way I look i walk to the kitchen.

When I enter I find Mr Bloom eating whilst busy on his phone all alone and no sign of the blond vixen he was shacking up earlier. He lifts his head when he hears me enter, "Hi Luthando, you're back!". I look at him puzzled, "uhm I was here all along". He looks at me with an expression on his face that I can't quite make out.

"Didn't you go move your stuff from your old apartment today?"
"Yes I did, but I didn't have much so I was done in an hour or so"
"Oh? So what did you get up to after moving?"
"Nothing, I just came back here"
"Did you hear me get back?", was this guy for real? It felt like he was probing me to find out if I saw he brought a woman over. I mean like why do I care? I decided to be blunt. "Oh yeah I heard you, wanted to see if you had work for me but you were kinda busy". He choked on his food, I wanted to laugh but I had to keep my serious face on.

"Where is she anyways?"
"She left, sorry you saw..."
"No need to apologise it is your house, so what made her leave?"
"She does not stay here"
"Well I know that but as your girlfriend she could have stayed the night over"
"She is not my girlfriend, now cut the interrogation and eat"

She wasn't his girlfriend? So he brought a random girl to mess around with and sent her home? What kind of girl does that? Was she a hooker?

"And Luthando"
"Yes Mr Bloom?"
"Meet me at my office when you finish, and call me Bradley"

With that he got up and walked off. "Bradley", well his name fit his good looks...Bradley!