Chapter 29- Weakness

Bob had an apartment in his apartments that was fully furnished. He apparently stayed there when he moved back here. He told me to stay there for free till I found a place. I insisted on paying, I know where handouts got me but he said it was a favour for all that he put me through.

I had to fetch my clothes so he offered to drive me to go get them.

He waited in the car as I went inside to pack.

Mr Bloom was nowhere in sight so I hurried to my room to pack, I'd leave him a note thanking his hospitality.

Just as I was pulling my suitcase out the room with bags hanging from my arms I heard the front door bang loudly.

In no time Mr Bloom was in my room. He was about to say something but paused at the sight of the packed bags.

"That's it? He gets you a job and you go back to him?", he asked with disgust in his voice.

"No!, he is just giving me a lift.", I said not knowing why I had to explain myself to him.

" I was out there looking for you,wondering what I did to upset you earlier. But you were busy with your ex!".

I have never seen him so angry.

"That's not true!, I overstayed here and need my own place now with a permanent job."

He smashed his fist on the wall, "So you going to work with him?!"

I stepped back scared which made him step back with a shocked look.

"I didn't mean to scare you..."

I tried to regain composure with the heavy bags still in my arms.

"I love working for you. Which is why u have to get my own place. So things can be professional." I said looking away.

"Were you offended because I kissed you at work?", he asked with a confused look on his face.

The bags felt ten times heavier and he must have sensed that because he took them from me placing them on the floor.

"I can't do it... I'm not that girl...".I felt the tears began to sting my eyes. Darn Bradley. I have always been a strong person but it seems he is my weakness.

He stepped closer confused, I stepped back when he tried to cup my face. I had to be strong and him touching me would jeopardize that.

"I have to go Mr Bloom, see you at work tomorrow."

With that I picked up my bags and left him standing there in the room.

Linda was at the door and helped me carry the bags to the car.

"I will miss you child, leave it to Bradley to let someone like you go."

She gave me a tight hug and left. I promised to call her and she could visit me at my new place.

"You OK?" , Bob asked when I got inside the car.

I wasn't...but I nodded. As the car drove off I saw him standing by the door looking at us leave.

It broke my heart but I had to remind myself that he doesn't care about me, never has and never will.

He was just being kind when he took me in and later...well he was being himself, the boss every female at work knew him to be.

I leaned my head on the window and looked at the traffic and lights blurred by tears.

Bob gave me a pat on my back and kept silent.

I was thankful for him and the fact that he did not pry.

We pulled up to a McDonald's drive through and he ordered for us both.

"We need to get you something to eat since you have no groceries yet and I recall how much you loved burgers."

I smiled, surprised he remembers that.

He dropped m off at my new place and left.

Once inside I threw the food in the fridge, I had no desire to eat.

I climbed into bed and cried myself to sleep.