CHAPTER 11: Meeting The Parents

<<ABEL>>

I'm so happy that Maya and I have made it official in that we are now mates.

I love her so much and know for sure she is going to make a great Luna. Everybody pretty much loves her and I know for sure my parents will also. Though Maya is nervous as hell in meeting them.

I keep trying to reassure her that my parents are going to love her and that she has nothing to worry about. Though of course, that didn't help. So instead, I finally thought of what would help her calm down some more. I decided to tell her the story of my mom being a human and my father turning her into one after finding out she was his mate.

While telling her the story, I noticed her starting to calm down more. Which I'm glad. Though in all fairness, I guess I am going to be the same way when I ask for her hand in marriage the moment that day comes.

Though for right now, I needed to focus in just getting her to my parents house and meeting them.

Before coming over, my mom was cooking dinner and had asked me what Maya liked. I told her that she wasn't too picky and as far as food allergies went, well also, as far as I knew, she didn't have any.

During our ride over towards the house, we at first started listening to music, but then suddenly began talking about random things about each other. Some were even embarrassing a little bit. Well, at least I thought mine was.

Once we arrived, I helped Maya out of the car and began walking up to the front door, where before knocking, I raised her hand up to my lips so that I could kiss it then began knocking on the door.

My mother answered it and just completely ignored me and quickly wrapped her arms around Maya giving her a bear hug.

"Oh my goodness. You are so beautiful." My mom complimented Maya.

"Thank you. So are you too." Maya replied.

"Well, please come on in." My mom said as she looked at me and waited for us to come inside to give me a hug and kiss on the cheek. "So, would you guys like something to drink?"

"I'll have a soda." I replied.

"Do you have any tea?" Maya asked.

"Oh of course I do." My mom replied.

"Can I please have some?" Maya asked.

"Well, of course." My mom smiled at Maya. Then winked at me as though she was telling me she approved of Maya.

You found yourself a keeper.

My mom said through our mind linking.

I know. I love her. She's amazing!
I replied.

"Well, dinner is actually ready, if you'd like we can all take our seats." My mom told us.

I squeezed Maya's hand a little more as we began walking towards the table and took a seat next to each other.

After taking a seat, I looked around and didn't see my dad.

"Where's dad?" I asked my mom.

"Oh he had to take care of some business. But he should be here any moment." She says as she hands us our drinks then goes back and finishes placing the last dishes of food onto the table.

Maya's eyes widened. "This looks amazing. Thank you for making all of this." She says.

"Thank you Maya." My mother chuckles. Then stops as she looks straight up and see's my dad come walking towards the table.

He looked nice but not as much as he normally does. He must have just gotten back from something bad.

Right as my father sits down he looks first at my mom, then me and then Maya.

"Forgive me for being late.." He stops once he see's Maya. "My, aren't you a lovely sight for sore eyes." He says trying to sound charming.

"Dad, seriously, that saying is old as hell." I tell him.

We all begin to chuckle.

"Yes, well, old or not, doesn't matter. It still works on your mother." He winks at my mom.

My mom rolls her eyes then quickly changes the subject.

"So, Maya. How did you and my son meet? Was he an asshole?" She asks, making Maya and I almost choke on our pieces of food in our mouths.

"Oh my god mom. Seriously?" I ask her.

"Honey, come on." My dad told her.

"What? I know how our son can be and for this sweet girl to capture my son's heart, I wan't to make sure she didn't have to through hell, just for them to get together." My mom says while sipping her glass of wine.

"To answer your question, he wasn't the most gentleman like. But soon, he came around and now we're mates." Maya replied while then looking at me and smiling before I had leaned in to kiss her.

"Aww." My mom said.

For the rest of the dinner, we ended up talking about many different things. Including learning a lot about her. Well, except her home life that she had escaped from and her parents.

Though I agreed that this wasn't a good time to bring any of that stuff up. So we just left those parts out, for now, at least. But over all, the dinner and whole meeting the parents went amazing.

Sorry for short chapter but didn't know what else to put. :( However, next chapter will be a little bit longer and will also be posted soon! :)