Chapter 3

That, right there, was the reason why I broke up with the fucker.

He's just so smug, thinking he's got everything figured out. That jerk, he actually had the nerve to ridicule me in front of the whole class. Guess who's gonna be introduced to the pointy end of my scissors very soon.

...that was a really obvious lesbian reference, and it did not help the situation in my head.

I'm so TP'ing his trailer. And Sikowitz's house for a good measure. And...

Shit!

"Oh God, I'm so sorry I bump- Oh, it's just you."

"I'm not that thrilled to be touched by you, either," I snapped back from the ground, glaring at her. Vega stood over me, rolling her eyes before offering me a hand which I pointedly ignored.

"What the fuck was that in the class, by the way?" She raised her eyebrow as I got up, dusting off my pants.

"What was what?"

"Don't play dumb with me, princess, you know what I'm talking about. Why'd you kiss me?"

Now she had two of her brows up, fixing me with a look that screamed 'how did you get so stupid'.

"That was not me kissing you, it was my character. The scene called for it," she smirked arrogantly, "of course, it's not that you'd really understand, seeing as the only thing you get is cheap horror movies."

That was it.

I know that over the years I've said and did some stuff that made people think that I wanted to physically hurt Vega. But I'm not that screwed up.

At least I thought I wasn't, but the fact that I was currently holding her up against the wall by her throat kinda told otherwise.

"J-Jade, what the- let me go!" She choked up, flailing around. Her hands went up to dig the nails into mine, and I cringed. How did they do it in the movies anyway? That fucking hurt.

I chose to ignore the pain and got up in her face, snarling.

"You chose the wrong girl to mess with," I hissed, almost touching her nose with mine.

She smelled so good.

Goddamit, focus!

Tori stopped fighting and went completely still as I stared her down. Something flickered in those deep chocolate eyes, and it looked an awful lot like what I felt at the moment.

Which was lust.

I did say there was a good kind of pain, and her nails were definitely that.

They would feel amazing in my back as I pinned her to the bed...

My breathing got heavy as the mixture of arousal and anger made my head spin, and Tori biting her lower lip as she eyed me didn't exactly lessen the intensity of the situation.

"Jade," she whispered, her hands sliding oh so slowly down my arms, hesitating. "Can I ask you something?"

I grunted.

Yeah, smooth, I know.

In my defense, all the blood rushed down from my brain to my other... regions.

"About that... tension thing – it's not us, right? There's nothing going on, is there," she finished in a rush.

I assessed the predicament we were in.

By now, her hands were loosely placed on my shoulders, while I still held her by her neck, without squeezing. Our bodies were melted together, and if I moved my thigh a bit higher, I would be meeting little Vega up close and personal. My mouth was millimeters from hers, and I could smell mint and cherry from her breath.