Chapter 9

Flustered Vega is a captivating one.

She was literally considering escaping through the window so as not to face my mother. Granted, I did the same thing with her sister, but I was forced to run.

I couldn't care less about what Trina thought, but I very much cared for Tori's wishes.

Man, am I pussy whipped or what?

Right now, the girl that unknowingly had me whipped was full of queasiness as she slowly made her way down the staircase.

"You know, on second thought, it's not that high of a fall," she said, turning back and trying to make a run for it.

"Vega, you're afraid of heights," I reminded her once again, grabbing her elbow so she stayed put. "The only way you jump out of that window is if I push you, and that's not happening."

"You were all for pushing me when I had to do that stunt!" She hissed, struggling to break free.

I didn't reply, instead practically dragging her down to the dining room.

Yeah, I have a dining room. My parents are kinda loaded. Not that I cared much for their money. They never did care for me anyway.

Although the past year my mother dearest suddenly realized that she actually had a daughter, and ever since then she was trying to 'rebuild the connection'.

That's how I got a shrink, by the way. After a particularly violent reaction to her awakened motherly feelings for me.

At least now she's not annoying me with her constant presence and questions. Mother has taken to a new tactic of slowly but surely defrosting my heart, and I'm ashamed to say that it was working. We've come to a certain understanding.

Mom has got quite the brains. She didn't get all those money for nothing.

As we entered, the heavenly smell of freshly made waffles floated through the air. My stomach growled at that, and I instantly realized how hungry I was.

My body called out for much needed calories. Guess I had to rebuild the strength that was spent on all the sex.

I glanced at Vega to see her practically drooling at the sight of food. It was nothing exceptionally fancy; waffles on a big plate and cut-up fruit with a pitch or orange juice, but right now it was the best food ever to our hungry eyes.

"Hello, girls," Mom chose this moment to walk in, an annoying smirk so similar to mine adorning her features. "Please, by all means, help yourselves," she gestured at the table before coming to sit gracefully.

I went up to the table, together with Vega who complied after I gave her a slight push forward.

"E-everything looks amazing, Mrs. West," Vega stammered, sitting on the edge of her seat and nervously squeezing her fork.

"Thank you, um?..."

"Tori," the now blushing Vega let out. "Tori Vega, ma'am."

"It's nice to meet you, Tori. My name is Jasmine West." Mom politely replied, glancing at me, her smirk growing wider. "Would you like some waffles?"

Tori nodded, no doubt feeling embarrassed beyond belief, and reached over to put some waffles on her plate.

"So mother," I quickly cut in to save at least some of Tori's dignity. "How was your trip?"

"It was quite alright, thank you very much," she replied, sipping at her coffee. "How was your week?"

"...Eventful," I got out cautiously, stealing a glance at Vega and catching her doing the same to me.