Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 15)

15.

The sun began to rise waking Ashling, as she stirred she felt arms tighten their hold on her pulling her closer. Glancing behind her smiles at a sleeping Keiran his dark hair a tangled mess but out of the corner of her eyes she catches sight of her bite mark. Oh Shit! Ashling sat up quickly waking Keiran by her sudden jerk upwards.

"What's wrong?" His voice heavy with sleep.

"The mark. How am I going to hide it?" Ashling asked worried as she hurriedly stood the shift back into her wolf form.

Keiran stood momentarily only to fall onto all four like Ashling. 'Why would you want to hide it?'

'KEIRAN! We aren't supposed to mate while here, I think that includes claiming!'

'If either of us leave so will the other. Simple as that. He can't stop what was meant to happen. But we should get back before anyone notices us gone.' Keiran nudged up against her then began trotting off into the forest. Ashling kept up with his quick pace and within five minutes they were back at the changing booths slipping back on their night clothes.

"Just wear something that covers your shoulder if you're worried. And keep you hair down." He brushed the hair off her shoulder to trace his finger over the red bite mark on her shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too." Quickly brushing his lips against hers, he swatted her bottom and gave her a nudge towards her room.

Ashling quietly slipped back into her room, desperately trying to not wake Cassie. Ashling slipped into the bathroom turning on the water for a warm shower. Taking a look in the mirror she found blade of grass lodged in her curls and she was certain her back side would have some sort of grass stain. Finally slipping under the warm water Ashling savored it naturally relaxing sensations. As she washed off her mind kept rewinding the night before, savoring every kiss and sensation. As she ran her soapy hands over her mark she involuntarily shivered. Once she was finished she toweled off looking at herself once again in the mirror. Her shoulder was red and puffy as she could make out every tooth forever imprinted in her skin. Ashling dug through her toiletry bag finding bandages and ointment, dabbing a bit of ointment on and covering most of it with bandages she felt ready to dress.

Ashling slipped into comfortable black capris and a simple red v-neck shirt. Leaving her hair down to air dry she stepped out of the bathroom to see Cassie just starting to wake up. "Good morning." She chirped as she started digging through her makeup bag sitting on the bed.

Cassie wiped lazily at her eyes, "Good morning." Finally composing herself she looked at Ashling confused at her chipper mood. "What's got you all happy and wake at 7am?"

"I don't know. I didn't sleep well last night so I got up once I realized trying to sleep was a lost cause." She waved off any suspicions as she swiped a bit of black eye shadow in the outer corners of her eyes to give her a smokey look. While Cassie was mindlessly wondering about the room Ashling had finished up with her make up and was ready for break fast. "I think I'm going to head out and grab some breakfast. See you there?"

"Yeah. I'll be along soon." Cassie waved her on as she sauntered into the bathroom shutting it behind her.

Ashling slipped on a pair of flip flops and headed out. A few campers were already up and walking around, but for the most part the camp was fairly quiet still.

"Oh Ashling! You're up early." Guy Spencer spoke happily as he was walking into the court yard with his megaphone in hand. "Why don't you come and help me wake these campers up."

"Um. Okay." Ashling jogged to his side and fell into step with him. "How exactly are we going to do that?"

"Just like this." He snickered as he held up the megaphone pressing another button, suddenly a loud piercing beep came through the speaker. After holding it down for a good ten seconds he moved his finger to speak through it. "GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!" He called happily, within seconds the bunk closest to them the blinds were pulled to the side and drowsy campers peered out unhappily at the early morning wake up call. Ashling couldn't help but to giggle at the unhappy faces. "Here, you give it a go over at those bunks." He motioned to a group of bunks off to the side.